cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH INFO PAK - PRODUCTIVITY PAK?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are investigating if we want to implement INFO PAK / PRODUCTIVITY PAK. Can someone give me his/her idea's on the advantages and disadvantages.

Are there successfull implementations done with this Package and in what kind of industries.

Thanks,

Gemma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please note that we now have a new forum created for SAP Productivity Pack.

The link is

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Matthew

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a system setup where this software is installed and on the first impression this software tool work good. But later on few bugs came into picture. I think RWD needs to work on the feature aspect of the tool.

Problem which i came across :

1. Poor quality of snapshots while recording.

2.While navigating through the document tab, many fields are non-editable especially all system generated terms.

3.Files corruption comes into picture even after successful saving of recording file(UDC).

4.Changing the size of the background(Snapshot) is limited to four option(max) and again no features are there to modify the picture there on the tool side i.e altering the size.

5.Works pathetically slow with citrix.

Atlast i felt the graphics part of the menu icon are very poor in look.

Regards,

Sarthak

Edited by: sarthak mohanty on Jan 11, 2009 4:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Sarthak to record in a Citrix environment you need to install the client software on the citrix server, then all of the issued you raised should be ammended unless something is wrong with the citrix implementation. If not, then create a support request through the SAP service marketplace and we should be able to help you troubleshoot and resolve.

Cheers,

Deborah:-)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a problem with recording using Netweaver. I can record SAP transactions through the standard GUI, but they seem to lose something in the translation when I use Netweaver. Is it because there is a server issue like you discussed when talking about the Citrix problem? I am launching uPerform and Netweaver from the desktop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

It's not clear which area you guys need help. Few things to remember

1 Upgrade to 3.0, it's free and bugs are fixed.

2. User manual and installation guides provided got few grey areas regarding installation.

3. DO expect funny issues in particular regarding Internet explorer.It probabaly crash when you run sim file. (update your flash player it will fix it)

4. 2 server landscape works OK

5. If you trying to install on single machine. Trust me you have to be the luckiest creature on earth.

Cheers

Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have also installed Productivity Pak and I am in the process of assessing it (rather back to front approach but the licences were bought before our time!). We are probably going to go for a 'light' implementation, i.e. develop work instructions, simulations and flash courses with it, but simply upload the produced documents on our intranet without the Productivity Pak site and servers.

The problem we're having now is that the published simulations and flash courses are made up of multiple files and sub-folders (as with InfoPak) and we cannot upload them. It is not a problem for single files like Word or PDF, only for courses or simulations.

I would be very interested to know if anyone else is adopting the same light implementation or experiencing the same issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you know where I can download SPP 3.0 ? Can't find it...

Edit: The package is found. I searched for 'prod. pack' and of course it's 'pak' =P

Edited by: Petros Stüssi on Sep 11, 2008 9:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have now had RWD uPerform 2.12 running for 2 months or so.

We are only recording docs for now - not worried about simulations nor eLearning courses yet. We have the whole uPerform package, web page and server.

For:

Very good at recording SAP transaction steps.

Screen shots are consistent and clarity is excellent

Workflow (Approval of docs) system works OK

Web Library a good idea - only docs that are "published" can be seen by end users.

Web library is a good repository for documentation

Against

Still requires a little development in what can be inserted into docs, look and feel of some of the inserted elements is average

Support of RWD is clunky and not as responsive as it should be

Can't renumber within a document. Once numbering starts you cannot restart numbering within the same document/section.

Some parts of the editing within uPerform is restrictive

Web library structure could be better developed - parts require a little double handling

Editing of docs can be slow - (makes you record more accurately) - can only delete one step at a time, only copy and paste one step at a time.

Only one session of RWD uPerform at a time - so cannot view one pre-recorded doc while editing another.

Overall, we have now come to grips with the issues and are fairly happy with the product. The real benefits are the ease in recording within SAP, the library/document repository, and when we look into eLearning courses and simulations.

Hope that's useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gemma,

we are in a similar situation - we just found out about uPerform and for a few months already we have been researching Info Pak.

Pls share if you already made progress. Similarly I will post our impressions as well.

uPerform has a very nice demo and useful information on RWD website.

Krasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there ladies,

we have just installed RWD uPerform(Productivity Pack) and am assessing it now. I have a few issues with screen shots/templates etc and would like to know if either of you two are up and running with this product.

If you are I may have a couple of questions for you, also I am looking for any other forum for this product... do you know of any?

Thanks

Allan