cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog box issue in OVP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to add a dialog box inside a standard OVP application( inside MDG).

I have added the button( Forward work-item) in the toolbar of a list UIBB and on click of that button a dialog box should open with a form UIBB inside.

I have assigned a custom FPM event to that and using API I am writing code to open the dialog.

The dialog is opening but the field inside the dialog FORM UIBB( its a field of type inputfield) is not showing properly. The same UIBB when I use inside another section( to test) its coming alright.

I am enclosing some screenshots for reference.

This is the code that I have written to open the dialog.

DATA : lo_event_params TYPE  REF  TO  if_fpm_parameter,

lr_event        TYPE  REF  TO  cl_fpm_event,

lv_window_id    TYPE  fpm_dialog_window_id,

lo_fpm          TYPE REF TO  if_fpm.

lv_window_id = 'ZWI_FWD_005056B94A511ED69D9E9AE25694F1D0' .

CREATE OBJECT lo_event_params TYPE cl_fpm_parameter.

lo_event_params->set_value( EXPORTING

iv_key = if_fpm_constants=>gc_dialog_box-id

iv_value = lv_window_id ).

CREATE OBJECT lr_event

EXPORTING

iv_event_id   = cl_fpm_event=>gc_event_open_dialog_box

io_event_data = lo_event_params.

lo_fpm = cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( ).

lo_fpm->raise_event( lr_event ).

Anu help guys?

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saikat,

I think the problem is with the variable lv_window_id. You have put the name of window inside it.

I think it works a bit different. First it is correct to add a event parmater with the key if_fpm_constants=>gc_dialog_box-id. So that is ok. But the value of that parameter should not be the window name but the OVP page ID of the dialog box that you would like to raise.

So, can you go to your OVP floorplan configuration. There at the right side you have the "navigation area" and under this you should see a list of different pages (i. e. at least one page). Each page has a page type. You should have added a page with page type dialog box. Now this page does have a page id. That page id is exactly what you should put as a value for fpm event parameter key if_fpm_constants=>gc_dialog_box-id.

Kind regards,
Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

Many thanks for the quick reply.

I have done exactly the way you described. I have created a dialog type page with id as "ZWI_FWD_005056B94A511ED69D9E9AE25694F1D0"  which I have assigned to the variable lv_window_id( please check screenshot 4.png in my previous message).

The dialog is opening properly but the problem is inside that. The field inside the Form UIBB( which is assigned inside the dialog page) is not showing properly ( please see screenshot 3.png).

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Saikat

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saikat,
I see. In this case this is not a dialog issue, since starting the dialog apparently works fine. I cannot tell what is wrong with the form, without any information about that, sorry.

Maybe one hint, first try to display the form inside the main page and see whether it is coming up there correctly or not.

Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

The tried to show it inside the main page yesterday only and it showed fine.

Today I tried it in a different SAP server and it works fine..arrgghh!!!!

I dont know whats wrong with the system I was working on but it has nothing to do with my development.

Anyway, i am closing this thread since it was a system specific issue.

Many thanks for your pointers.

Saikat