Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subsequent Asset Master data Load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have following situation:

Initial Asset Migration happened in SAP with initial Take over date as 31.05.2012 that time we did Legacy Asset transfer at that time we did not have IFRS implemented so, IFRS related depreciation areas were not there.

Eventually we started Following IFRS reporting standards but were managing the same from Outside of SAP and managing some assets outside of SAP.

now we are implementing IFRS solution inside sap, we are creating new asset classes and loading assets in SAP which were managing outside of SAP earlier.

as part of IFRS, we also creating new depreciation area. so, these new Dep. area will start reflecting in all assets ( existing assets and new Assets that we will load now)

My Question is in order to load a  assets now ( which were earlier managed outside of SAP) , what is the best approach to load them in SAP. ( Approx. Volume - 5000 assets )

1) Load These additional asset through AS91 by following steps mentioned in OSS note 49563

or

2) Load asset master data first through LSMW of AS01 and then run another LSMW for ABSO for posting takeover values

I am cautious on option 1 because we are also adding new Dep. areas as well now along with loading of these assets this time and these new Dep. Area will also be appearing in existing asset and values of existing asset for new Dep. area will be calculated as per setting of new dep. area. -

there is a comment in oss note 49563-  " Old assets from the first data transfer must never be touched using the legacy data transactions. In particular ensure that no new postings are made at the time of second transfer to the company code"

If you have come across such scenario , kindly share your input. Your input will be very helpful.

Regards,

Jignesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor

Hi JIgnesh

Easiest Option would be to do Post Capitalization ABNAN

You may have to post some adj entries, as these 5000 assets would be already reflecting in your books. So the entries posted upon post-cap will need to be reversed

Ajay  M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay and Sanil,

Thanks for your input.

i am testing this option and comparing value with expected result . will update soon.

Regards,

Jignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I tested with ABNAN, and since we have to do this transaction with asset value date as current year. ( though we can use capitalization date and First acquisition date as  old years based on actual acquisition date) ,

Post ABNAN when i am trying to post impairment by applying investment measure support transaction type created for same through ABIF transaction, i am getting an error -

Maximum support amount rel. to curr.-year acquisitions exceeded in area XX - (SAP message no. AA789)

Diagnosis

In area XX, the investment support 100,00 exceeds the maximum amount 0,00 relating to current-year acquisitions.

Regards,
Jignesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

you can perform the AS91 for new depreciation area, because you are creating new depreciation area which has no posting earlier.

Use AS91 using new depreciation area would be best option.

Regards

Srinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinu 

Thanks for your reply.

For AS91 option, I will need to change first the Date in system from earlier set date 31.05.2012 to 31.12.2016 . as without that will get error message " Closed Fiscal Year does not agree with Legacy data Transfer date"

once i change this data then only i can start using AS91 and start load new assets.

However, my point of caution is that  if i change this date, will it create any issue for existing assets as already in system many assets ( around 20000 assets )  are already loaded since first load in 2012 .

we are adding new Dep. Areas to existing assets also now In addition to load 5000 new assets in SAP.

Values for these new Dep. area for existing assets i am planning to add by AFBN. so, this will take care of existing asssets. AFBN will add values in new dep. area from Dep. Area 1 and remaining adjustments i will post to specific Dep. area through transaction type.

As We are doing 2 activities now 

(1) To add New assets in SAP

(2) To add New Dep . areas that will be  used for existing assets and new assets,

using AS91 will be good option in this situation and if so, what caution or care should be taken.

Regards,

Jignesh

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

AS91 will impact values for existing assets. The easier option is as suggested by

Regards

Sanil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

All are new assets around 5000 can use AS91, he is not making any changes for existing assets in AS91.

I don't understand what will be the problem for new assets using AS91.

For Existing Assets Jignesh plan to use the AFBN.

Regards

Srinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Set date won't be any problem for loading the assets, you can set up date 31.12.2016.

Regards

Srinu

lisa1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

If your fiscal year is from Jan. to Dec., when date 31.12.2016 is set for take over date, FY 2016 will be closed.

Thanks & Best Regards
Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.