cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry client on iOS 9.3.5

sschuetz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Has anyone had issues with the Agentry client connecting to SMP after updating to iOS 9.3.5?  Our customer is getting a Communications error (14) on all devices after upgrading.  The SMP version is 3.0.10.9 SP10.  The client is 70.13.1, which is the most current in the iTunes store.

Thanks,

Scott Schuetz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have not had any issues since I upgraded.

--Bill

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have upgraded to 9.3.5 but never faced this issue. But communication error 14 means your Agentry client is not able to connect to the SMP server. please make sure that your server is running. you are able to access the application. please run the app url in safari browser if should returns "I am here" .

sschuetz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Restarting the SMP server seems to have resolved the issue.  Not sure what it was.  Thanks for the input.

Scott

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scott,

Are your issues just during transmit (right away) or in the middle of the transmit (where you get error 14)?

Depending on where you get Error 14 may be a different solution.

What we know in support is iOS 10 (Beta version) currently cannot run with some of the basic Agentry apps (under dev investigation) but yours may be tied to some other items.

Error 14 definition is that the client cannot see the server.  This may mean that either something changed in the device to prevent the seeing of the server or you may have some restriction tied to a company software that prevents usage of that 9.3.5 software (like a mobile device management software) or something else.  Wondering if any of the certs need to be re-updated or just a simple re-installation of the software (Agentry client) will work? It may be an OS specific (iOS 9.3.5 security) that may require just reinstalling the software to accept the pre-condition on what it requires.  Have you tried reinstalling the Agentry software?

On newer reports, most people have issues on existing Agentry client then upgrading to a newer iOS software versus upgrading the iOS software then installing the Agentry client after.

At this point error 14 does not even give you any Agentry logs to look at as the client cannot see the server.

Not sure if this will help.

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer