cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide "Approver" role in role drop down in the collaborator list?

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I tried to hide the approver role in the collaborator list without success. I used "Page Customization" for hiding the role. I used the settings as follows:

I used the "Object Reference" in order to hide the "Approver" role:

Nevertheless, the "Approver" role did not disappear (see screenshot).

Am I doing anything wrong?

Best regards,
Heiko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

If you want to disable the Approver role permanently, you can inactive it then it will not appear in drop down list for all the business documents.

Setup--> Document Set up--> Collaborator role definitions --> Approver.

If requirement is not hiding permanently,  then  let us know the requirement scenario. 

Regards,

Lava

0 Kudos

Hello Lava,

thanks for your answer. The approver role is important. It is a system role so we cannot set the status to "Inactive". The problem is that users have the possibility to choose the "Approver role" so that the workflow doesn't work properly.

It would be helpful to hide this role. In addition to that we have other roles in our script which cannot be set to "Inactive" as well.

Do you have any idea how we can solve this issue?

Best,
Heiko

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

The only posbility is to validate the Colloblorator role definion for the respective group member in that document via script.

coll = doc.getCollaborators();

itr = coll.iterator();

while(itr.hasNext()){

member = itr.next();

if(!member.getSilent()){

role = member.getCollaboratorRole().toString();//validate the value"Approval"

Thanks

Sonu

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

Have you tried defining your workflow first, THEN inactivating both approval type roles?

By design, the workflow should still work correctly as before but manual selection in list would not be possible.

Regards,

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

yes I tried and you are right it works so far. I would say it's solved.

Thanks guys
Heiko