Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Data Collection when already stored in ODS

former_member236869
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

for my knowledge, the archive process moves data from  WIP to ODS.

But in the 'System rule Maintenance' => 'Miscellaneous', I have the value 'true' for   'Store Data Collection Results in ODS'  and 'Store Test Plan Results in ODS'.

As a consequence, our da collection is already in ODS.

How the archiving process is possible (also for data collection) in this case, since I have data collection already  in the ODS?

In this case, is there a specific procedure for archiving ?

Thank you !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Romano

This rule only affects parametric data - so archiving is still needed to send all other SFC related data to archive. The archive process is the same.

Stuart

former_member236869
Participant
0 Kudos

Stuart,

how to 'archive & and delete' parametric data ?

Sql delete or a exist specific procedure ?

We have about 50 millions rows.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Before deleting the archived data, it would be good to confirm that such high volume is a root cause of your issue indeed.

There is no official procedure to delete/move old data in ARC tables if you do not need it any longer. If you need to do so, you can consider selecting the records for deletion by means of timestamp fields in the tables (like CREATED_DATE_TIME or MODIFIED_DATE_TIME).

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is nothing provided by the core product to 'archive and delete' - you would need to use your database tools for this.

former_member236869
Participant
0 Kudos

This high volume comes from a business request; when we are producing food contact components, we have to get from the machine (and store) 5 measures/values for every piece ...

0 Kudos

No, my question means that firstly you should confirm that the slowness (if you observe it in SAP ME) is directly caused by a long-running query to parametric data tables.