Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language installation on SAP EP 7.02

former_member409456
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have installed Chinese on R/3 Server. Now we want to install same language on SAP EP (7.02).

Please let know how we can install language on portal?

Right now i am able to login on to portal via Chinese language and able to see some field in Chinese language but i want entire portal content in Chinese.

Please suggest.

Tarun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

You can change the language in portal by translating the worklist and maintaining the locale.

Kindly follow the below blogs

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
former_member409456
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prithviraj,

Please confirm me one thing, we go for any language installation (in our case Chinese), installation should be only in R/3 side or R/3 and portal both place we should install language?

Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Usually Portal acts as a consumer and ABAP as a producer system i.e. in most scenarios Portal is a front end system.

The language should be installed in ABAP. AFAIK, I haven't heard of language installation in Portal as they don't need one. All we do is add the language in portal as described in the sapnote mentioned in my early reply.

Regards

Prithviraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Can u check whether your RFC connection to your source system, is there any language is defined or not.

Be sure that in the RFC connection to your source system, no language is defined.

Regards,

Ravi Shankar

former_member409456
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

As we have installed Language on backend(R/3 side), Should language be installed on SAP EP(7.02) side also? If yes, what is procedure to installed language in Portal side?