cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BA data Migration

0 Kudos

Sir,

In my company as per restructuring process ,The BA merger is to be done. Data of one BA say XX08 is to be migrated in XX04, and ultimately BA XX08 will dissolve.

Kindly Guide me ,how this migration be carried out from PS perspective.

*The cost postings are avb. in AUC G/L.

**Is CNMASS reliable anf effective in this scenario.

***How is CWIP/AUC to be migrated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Thanks Sammar,

i got your point.

If possible kindly guide me any shortcut method for creation of  projects in new BA with similar structure as was in previous BA.

*CJ20N-copy project copies attribute of old BA only.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Use BAPIs or LSMWs to upload the data.. get it downloaded in an excel through CNS41 etc.. change the BA and you are done..

0 Kudos

May be the original plan value can also be used for migration.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

You cannot change BA with CNMASS where you have actual cost booked to the WBS. system will not allow you to change it..

the field gets greyed out the moment the WBS is released and have cost booked to it.. You need to close these projects and create new ones with new BA..

regards

Sammar

0 Kudos

Thanks Sammar,

Well I will coordinate with FI team for AUC migration.

But for PS balance work  the estimates/PD/WBs shall be migrated with balance amount i.e. plan value-actual costs.

How this activity shall be carried out.

#If i change BA by CNMASS, will it work?

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I don't think you can change BA once you have made postings to the WBS..So all your Old projects with old BA have to be migrated to the new projects have new BA..

I think you need to provide a cut over strategy document to the business detailing out on how the migration will happen from projects perspective..

You can do a FI journal posting to these new projects for the amount already posted in CWIP, else you can leave it to finance to tally their accounts and you just start your projects a new..

Regards

Sammar