cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization control to display portfolio items .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have got one requirement regarding authorization to access Portfolio objects. it is like this, In our scenario we have buckets created for continents then for country and then created portfolio items under country bucket, so just to make it more clear, assume there are three buckets A,B and C and  under A bucket A.1 and then under A.1 portfolio items are created and the same is applicable for buckets B & C. Now the business have three different teams working for three Buckets A, B and C and therefore the ask is that team of bucket A should able to see the portfolio item created under A.1 only and should not able to see/display/read the items created under B.1 & C.1, simillarly the team belongs to B & C should only able to see the portfolio items created under there respective buckets.

I tried to achieve this by ACL, In authorization tab of bucket A, I have assigned team members/user of bucket B & C  and assigned authorization 'None', But, still team of bucket B &C are able to see and read the portfolio items created under  Bucket A. Now, i wonder what is the difference between 'Read' & 'None' activity.

Please advice how can I met the requirement.

Thanks

Akhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil

Firstly - you need to ensure that these users do not have ACL access at the Portfolio level - i.e. only be specified at their respective Bucket levels

Then you may either assign their names or roles to the Bucket level - e.g. you define a role for Bucket A and then assign this role to the Bucket and also to all relevant users for Bucket A. Same for buckets B and C

Read access allows user to display an object whilst NONE access does not allow any access. But as stated in the beginning, please ensure at Portfolio level that no users (unless they must have all Bucket access) is assigned there

Also ensure that the users do not have any backend role (super ACO role) that will allow them all access despite ACL restriction

Take a look and let us know

Regards

C