cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Inbox and Timesheet - Offline app?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Just a quick question to find out if it's possible to make both these standard apps offline enabled and what are the efforts I'll be looking at?

(In terms of changing to offline data services etc)

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Fyi offline capabilities for My Inbox are listed in the just released and updated Fiori Roadmap

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I.e. Offline capabilities are in Future Innovations for My Inbox

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Samuel,

You can utilise the search function in SCN. I just searched with term "mobile offline" and set filter blog.

I found this.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Appreciate the link.

However, from what I can understand, offline apps are never simple and require a lot of thought processes for things like data collisions and inconsistencies.

I was told that I would have to rethink of the odata services to cater for offline, what can be cached and for how long, what needs to be validated, where and who manages exceptions etc, particularly for standard apps like My Inbox and Timesheet.

Would it be simpler to extend/copy out those apps and make it as a Kapsel app?

Just wondering too if anyone has experience enhancing standard apps to be offline apps as well.

Thanks.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Samuel,

Yes. Offline apps are more complex than online apps.

Please share the background for getting offline business requirements from your end users.

It must be some business value for it.

I see some value for CRM apps and Service/Maintenance apps but I don't see big value for other apps.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG