cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Query not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have an existing planning query, with the Structure on the rows and Cal Months on the columns side.

The row structure has 'Selection' options for "Actual + Forecast" and " Forecast", which both are enabled for Planning, Disaggregation option - 'Disaggregate value entered', Type of Distribution - 'Analog Distribution(With Reference to structure), and have selected the Structure element.

The 'Structure Element' using in the reference has 'Standard value' as Formula Collision.

When ever we enter data in the open periods, and click 'Recalc', the data will be distributed into Totals Column, as expected.

But the issue is, when we copied the query and tried to enter the values, its not working. The error message we are getting is 'Disaggregation not possible, No Reference data found'.

Its exactly the same copy of the original query, not sure why one is working and the copy doesn't work.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Sonti.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonti,

I had such an error message lately and it was due to the extended char properties - I had one navigation attribute set to "booked values" and this does not work, needs to be set to "master data".

maybe you tried your new query for new records and the old query for a selection where already records existed?

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

Thanks for suggestions, Did checked both the queries, both are exactly same level and the both the queries doesn't have any reference data. Still, one works and the other doesn't.

Wondering if any additional settings/config has to be done for each individual query in the back-end.

Since both are exact copies, not sure where it's going wrong.

Eventually I may end up reaching SAP for support, but want to try all options before I give up.

Thanks,

Sonti

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonti,

you could check the query properties in RSRT becasue those will most likely not be copied.

But I could not imagine, which setting would influence the disaggregation.

Also maybe check the queries there by running it with HTML and see, whether the disaggregation works there.

regards

Cornelia

0 Kudos

Hi,

disaggregation without data may or may not work depending e.g. on 'list geometry' effects or the OLAP cache. It is bad design to rely on these effects. Cf note 994853 (attached PDF document).

Disaggregation means to read all records contributing to an aggregated cell; if there is nothing how to disaggregate? This means there has to be data (posted data), or reference data (disaggregation referencing another structure element) or data is created based on 'access mode for result values' settings.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Corneila,

Thanks for right direction, its actually 'Use Selection of 'Structure Elements' which I un-checked and the query is fine now.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sonti

Answers (0)