cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select primary key for a scripted calculation view

0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our BW developer created a scripted calculation view and then he is selecting couple of columns as primary keys and saving and activating the view. After that when he reopens the view again, those fields are not showing selected. This is happening only for scripted calculation views and not for graphical view.

Any idea why is this happening and what can be done to fix it?

Thanks,

Arindam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam,

Please help us in recreating the defect. Once recreated then it will be easy for workaround.

Regards

Raj Kumar Salla

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In order to recreate the defect, you need to create a scripted calculation view. Then open the calculation view by double clicking on it. Then select on the check boxes beside column names that you want to make as primary keys. Save and activate. Then close the view and reopen it again, the check boxes will show unmarked.

This happens only in case of scripted calculation view not for graphical view.

Thanks,
Arindam

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam

You might want to try upgrading your HANA studio if the version is too old.

What is your SPS for HDB ?

Regards

Anindya

0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

I have the latest studio version 2.3.5. Database is on 10.02

Thanks,
Arindam

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam

Sorry for replying late, could not check SCN for long time.

I tried the same thing and got same result,i.e. unable to set Key for scripted calculation view .  May be that is by design because like BW Cube, here also all characteristic would act like Key . But , not sure why this is not the case for Graphical Calculation view .

By the way, scripted calculation view is deprecated now, you should use Table function instead.

Regards

Anindya