cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT loads from ECC to SQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts:

Trying to load the data  from ECC to SQL using SLT, Issue is that the data is not writing to the Target table in SQL, Says aborted due to SYSTEM FAILURE, Table is unknown or does not exist.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not a lot of details in your post.  I'd recommend looking at SM21 after you try to start the table.  Or do a SQL trace use ST05. 

You could also look at the table in your target system and see if it has the correct Key on the table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew, Thanks fro your response. I am trying to load a table from ECC to MSSQL and SLT is creating the target table in SQL successfully, but not writing data into the table and I can see an additional view in SQL for the target table.

Trying to debug the whole process, says a communication error, but the target tables are created w/o data.

errors:

aborted due to SYSTEM FAILURE

A table is unknown or does not exist.

Message no. DMC_RT_MSG041

Diagnosis

During execution of an RFC an system- or communicationerror has occured.

System Response

In most situations the RFC is interrupted.

Procedure

Analyse the reasons for this error by means of the error message and the system logs.

Execution of program /1CADMC/OLC_100000000001433 failed, return code 3 (Error writing the data)

thanks again for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, based on your error message, there should be a short dump in ST22.  That could tell you where exactly are getting that RC 3.   It might give you a hint at what the problem is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ST22 says the same " A table is unknown or does not exist."

Former Member
0 Kudos

error occured at below

MODIFY /1LT/00000000204 CLIENT SPECIFIED CONNECTION (con_name)

FROM TABLE _IT_IO_R_xxxx.

IF sy-subrc NE 0.

LOOP AT _IT_IO_R_xxxxx

INTO _WA_IO_R_xxxxx.

MODIFY /1LT/00000000204 CLIENT SPECIFIED CONNECTION (con_name)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has to say more than that...did you double click on it?  Did you scroll down to where in the ABAP code for

/1CADMC/OLC_100000000001433

to see what line of code is failing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew, are the LTRS settings for the target SQL is same as the target S4 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does  /1LT/00000000204 exist in SE11 on your SLT box?  (might say, doesn't exist in the database but I believe that is fine)

Also, can you search the ST22 and find out what the value of con_name is? (just do a search).

I'm asking because it will tell you whether it is looking for that table/synonym in the source system or in the target or in the SLT box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ST22 shows the program /1CADMC/SAPLDMC100000000001435, not the

/1CADMC/OLC_100000000001433

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know it is.  But I'd recommend submitting a support ticket to SAP if you want to confirm that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

/1LT/00000000204 does not exist.

con_name type dbcon_name value 'ECC_SLT_SQL' from SLT BOX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is ECC_SLT_SQL a DB connection in the T-code  DBCO?  Is that your connection to SQL?

I assume you paid for the license to be able to use SLT to target non-HANA databases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, its from DBCO. is it necessary to have a separate licence for non-HANA systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is my understanding.  (or at least how it used to be)

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3302946

It's a long read, but Tobias (SAP guy who knows a lot about SLT) mentions it a little over a year ago.

My recommendation again would be to contact SAP support and see if there are notes you are missing or if you're version does/does not support it. Or if there is some other bug that is preventing it from working correctly with a Non-HANA target system

• Currently Being Moderated  Yes, with SP08 you need the SLT stand-alone license. Afterwards ask SAP to get it activated. Support is guranteed for Oracle and MSSQL. Best, Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, I will. thanks for all your efforts in helping me.