cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job-Monitoring -> Monitoring of periodic job (every 1 Minute) failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are monitoring a job that occurs every 1 minute.

We are monitoring the activity of the job.

After some time, the job-monitoring generates a alert, that the job is active for xxx minutes,

but it's already finished. (it runs only some seconds).

The interval of the monitoring is 5 Minutes.

Is it possible, that the monitoring is struggeling because of the interval ?

Solman 7.1 SP12

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Your requirement is to monitor job which runs every 1 minute which completes within few seconds.

As you have already seen monitoring job runs every 5 minutes, so with every monitoring job run there are multiple (3-4) run of your 1 minute job.

So question is what exactly do you want to monitor for your 1 minute job? It is already completing within few seconds so not sure if performance is issue over here.

You can activate Canclled Job (every 5mins) metric to see if the job failed during that duration.

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

thank you for your reply...

You are correct... The performance is not the problem.

We want to know if the job is running every minute.

It looks like SolMan can't handle this.

I don't know if it's a performance problem if we decrease the monitoring interval manually to 1 Minute.

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Even if you change the monitoring interval to 1 minute then also you won't get desired response as it all linked with system load (solman), network response, available process to run job etc. also.

My suggestion do not lower monitor interval to 1 minute.

Thanks,

Manish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

I am from the Job monitoring team. The minimum data collection frequency that you can set for the job monitoring object is 5 minutes. You cannot set lower than that.

But, i want to understand the requirement better so that i can answer the business requirement better.

Which is the metric you have configured? - Ideally you can use one of the several metrics supported - Cancellation or Job active .

Cancellation metric can be used for the job cancellation and the status of the jobs

Job active monitors the time of inactivity between two similar jobs.

Regards,

Mustameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustameer,

we try to monitor the active status of the job.

As you can see on the screenshots, the monitoring reports >500 minutes activity, but it's not running respectively the next similar jobs are running.

This happens sometimes after some hours or days:

But the job runs every minute without problems...

Usualy this problem disappears in some hours and it comes up on a different host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No more suggestions ?

0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

'Job active' is intended to monitor if a successor job is started within a certain time frame. The end time of the predecessor job and the actual start time of the successor job are relevant for calculating the metric.

What you explain above needs a deeper analysis. As of now, It seems like a bug to me. Kindly raise a incident and i can track it. You can also send me the reference number for follow-up.

Regards,

Mustameer