cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the Best Practices to integrate demand from SAP2 to inventory PA SAP3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know what is the best practices to integrate demand from S&OP Planning Area into inventory Planning Area, because i can not see any copy operator between the Planning Areas.

Thanks!

Fábio Matias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I think, the restriction is a left-over from IBP5 , where the planning area was not released for copy.

It is save to copy, adjust and use SAPIBP1, as far as I know (as a simple consultant).

I know from minimum one of my customer that we got the RDS installed with installation of 6.2 release, which is a copy of that planning area.

Thanks for the hint to the note! I notified my colleagues abut the sentense, it may be adjusted as it is confusing.

Irmi

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

True, as of today there is no copy operator  between planning areas.

But why do you want to have S&OP and Inventory in two different planning areas? Dont you use the Unified Planing ARea in which you have all data? Is your company that big that you have to split?

Or is it just because you started in an older release in which that did not exist yet?

Since IBP 6.x, I would in nearly all cases go for the unified planning area

Yours

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Irmi

i was look for some restriction note about Unified Planning Area, and i´ve found the note as follow:

2308825 - SAP IBP 6.2: Release Restriction Note

There is a phrase very clear that the Unified Planning Area is not working for 6.2

• The SAPIBP1 example planning area, which is shipped with the system, is not functional and cannot be used.

i don´t if i can go ahead with this solution, but it will sounds very usefull for my situation.

Thanks!

Fábio Matias

former_member194529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fábio,

This restriction is there to advise you that you should copy SAPIBP1 PA as a new PA to start using it, since you cannot use the sample itself directly.

Best regards,

Ivan