cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One DMS , Multiple SAP systems. can it be done ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the following scenario :  5 ECC systems all with different configuration.   1 ECC system is having DMS configured.  Intention is to create a document and link it to multiple objects across the 5 systems.   

As an example .....  on each system there is a vendor master record for CompanyA.  the vendors are configured differently and have different numbering. the vendor provides a quality certificate that gets stored in DMS and the object links need to point to the vendor records - but these are on different ECC systems.

Can this be done ?  if so - can someone point me in the right direction ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

If you are open to consider alternatives to SAP DMS, yes it can be done. SAP Extended ECM would be one of such alternatives and supports out of the box the concept of cross-application business workspaces. A workspace is pretty much like a folder where you can collect object specific content e.g. vendor documents, purchase order document, etc. Originally designed to provide a consolidated customer business workspace for SAP CRM and ECC scenarios, this same concept can be used to string multiple SAP systems together even though if the SAP object have different number ranges.

Please contact me directly at peter@infospire.net if you like to discuss this further. We have done a number of complex cross system integrations and I am sure we can help you design and implement such a solution that will meet your requirements.

Cheers,

//Peter

0 Kudos

Graham,

It comes to my mind, you could also use standard SAP ArchiveLink functionality to store the QC in one of your SAP systems (Master) and from there you can push the link information to the remaining SAP systems (Other) via a RFC enabled function module and create the link entry. Ideally you would use an external content repository for this and connect it to each of your SAP systems. If that is not the chase, then you can create a custom user exit in TOAEX of your Other SAP systems and fetch the document from the Master via RFC.

Good Luck,

//Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Peter ... my issue is client is adamant on DMS.  I am now looking at the distributed document approach with individual DMS and user exits in document distribution to link them all.

0 Kudos

Graham, just stumbled upon this article on SCN and thought this might be helpful if you haven't read this already. http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90402d62-cfd9-2d10-e78b-d323b71bb...

If helpful points are welcomed...

//Peter