cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Externalized Parameters from Integration Scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am wondering, is it possible to access Externalized Parameters using Integration Scripts?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sher Lynn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sher Lynn,

You sure can. You may refer to this blog of mind where i do this exact same thing -

Check the Content Modifier and Script steps in this blog.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the link. However, this is not what I'm trying to achieve.

I want to access the Externalized Parameters through Integration Scripts without the use of Content Modifier. Is that actually possible? I'm curious whether can it be done without the use of Content Modifier.

Regards,

Sher Lynn

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sher Lynn,

I also checked the standard content from SAP where they access Externalized Parameters in Groovy Scripts. They use the same approach,i.e,

• Use a Content Modifier step to read Externalized Parameters into either Message Header or Property
  • Access them accordingly in the Groovy Script.

For example, you can refer to the SAP S/4HANA Marketing Cloud - Twitter Integration

Externalized Parameters set into Message Header in the Content Modifier Step,

Accessed in a Groovy Script

What I mean to say is - at this moment, there does not seem to be a direct way to access a Externalized Parameter rather than persist them in a Content Modifier step into the Header / Property of your message and then access them in your script.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

I see. I have also checked through SAP's documentation and SAP's standard content but to no avail.

I think there is no way to access Externalized Parameters directly from Integration Script without the use of Content Modifier.

Thank you so much though for your help. I appreciate it very much.

Regards,

Sher Lynn

Answers (0)