SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Budget Consumption upon Invoice

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Seeking for your assistance please. Why does the invoice consume additional budget with reference to the GR that has budget consumption already? This happens only if the amount upon invoice was changed even though they are lower than the GR amount. Usually upon IR, GR consumption will just be transferred to IR level to avoid double consumption but this is not the case once IR amount is different from GR amount. Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jene,

Assume that GR happened for 100 $, and IV is happening for 105 $, then 5 $ budget will consume, if the IV is happening for 95$, then the 5$ will adjust and will back to fund center/CI.

If you are using the internal order's also the functionality is same.

Regards,

Ravi.

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

this is not the case for our budget. the current setting is that budget should check both GR and IR but I think the configuration on monetary values or quantity define also the flow. Would you know how this is related to my issue? What happen is if we choose at the quantity level, whatever the quantity upon IR but if the amount is different, this will consume additional budget instead of referencing it to the budget already consumed in GR. Thank you.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, you have to decide whether you want the update of GR/IR in your FM tables. This is set in OFUP transaction. They way you describe it, your settings are defined in the way that FM is updated at both events. Now, when IR is posted, then definitely it should 'erase' the effect of GR. If it doesn't happen there is something wrong with the system. What release you are working with?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Would you know how the configuration on quantity level and monetary value of the units of measurement affect the budget consumption upon IR? Upon testing, if its on quantity level, once the amount is different in IR, it consumed additional budget but if its monetary value level even though the amount is different from GR, it consumed the budget with reference to that GR. Thank you.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The management of commitments on quantity/amount basis is defined on the level of UoM (Unit of Measure). You can access it via IMG - SAP NetWeaver - General Settings - Check Units of Measurement.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Yes, Eli. this is the current setting we have but I wan to know how does it affect the consumption of budget. Can you site details. Thank you so much for the assistance.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, if it's defined on quantity basis, then commitment and following documents will be modified on this level. I.e. commitment of 10 units won't be fully consumed, unless GR is set equally for 10 units or with a flag of final invoice. For value-based management, everything will be dependent on the amounts and final flag. But, if your GR is not reduced at all (which appears to be the problem as you describe it), then it's a problem in the system. Look, for example, at the note Mar has mentioned.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jenelyn
I am assuming you are using both, GR and IR update in transaction OFUP.
From your description, it looks like the corresponding GR reduction is missing or wrong when the IR is posted.

You should ensure note 1991999 and its pre-requisites are present in your system. Alternatively I would definitely recommend you go for newest SP of EA-PS / SAP_APPL

Kind regards

Mar