cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While Testing C4C to SAP ERP Scenario through HCI using Basic Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have C4C to SAP ERP scenario through HCI.

To enable basic authentication from HCI to SAP ERP we have configured required settings given as per the SAP How-To guide.

During testing we encountered below error in HCI.

"[org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault - Could not send Message.]", caused by "SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target."

We are trying to fix it. So please let me know your thoughts and if someone has faced similar issue, pls provide inputs.

Thanks & Regards,

Atul Malhotra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

Ensure you have all the certificates imported in ECC system.

Additionally check the below link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

I have imported the certificates in strust.

Regards,

Atul Malhotra

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also in HCI Keystore?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Is this need to be done as i am using basic authentication

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

I think yes as you need to establish initial connection to ECC.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

As per my response to the other thread you had asked this on -

The error points to a SSL error when the HTTPS call from HCI to C4C Is done.

So, yes this needs to be done in the case of C4C also.

Finally - this step is independent of the authentication mechanism - i.e, it is applicable for both Basic authentication and Client Authentication.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

We have imported the CA Singed ECC Certificate in the HCI keystore but that too dosent work thats why i was trying to go for basic authentication as per the guide i have imported the hci certificates in the strust deployed the credential in HCI which is used in the iFlow

Regards

Atul

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

Guess authentication is different process independent of certificates anyways I am not pretty much sure on that.

Please check the link I shared,Try enabling those parameters and also the points mentioned by Bhavesh.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

Which CA Signed certificate have you imported into your HCI Keystore?

The certificate I am talking about that needs to be imported will be the https://<C4C Tenant Node> URL that you provide in your SOAP Adapter in HCI.

Download the Root certificate from this URL from your browser and load the same into your HCI Keystore. This Root CA will be different from the one you probably used to get your certificate signed for Client Authentication.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok - I read this a little differently that the connection was failing from HCI to C4C.

If it is from HCI to ECC -

The URL you hit to connect to ECC using your IDoc adapter or SOAP Adapter, have you tried this URL from a browser? If yes, does it contain a certificate path or chain?

If yes, - load the CA certificate ( preferably entire path ) into the HCI Keystore.

If no, then your ECC Server in STRUST uses a Selg Signed Certificate. In that case load the Self Signed Certificate in your HCI Keystore.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

We have already uploaded the certificates but we are still facing the issue

Regards,

Atul