cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduction of QC Sample Quantities from respective SUs in SU managed WMs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

This question in on WM process to deduct QM sample quantities from respective SU numbers after UD by the QC users.

I have SU managed WMs in a pharma company. The sampling process is as below.

After GR and putaway of quality managed materials the QC persons physically takes the samples from each container (SU) based on the formula of Root N+1.

e.g. total 100 containers of 1Kg ea. Number of containers to be sampled = Root100+1=10+1=11 containers.

sample qty to be collected is 1% of each container. There fore total sample qty collected = 0.110 kg

After collecting samples from 11 containers in UD the sampled qty 0.110KG is transferred to Reserve Samples Storage Location.

Here I need the 10 grams sample collected from respective container (SU) should be deducted in WMs.

We have standard LT06 transaction for this but here we need to manually select the SU numbers.

My requirement is- Is there any standard process from where I can select all those sampled SUs together for deducting the respective sample qty instead of selecting one by one manually.

Thanks in advance to all respondents.

Datta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is no other standard process for this - LT04/LT06 is where you would enter the SU numbers.

If you have a RF implementation for the warehouse, you could have a custom RF process where the QC folks can scan the SU and the quantity removed can be defaulted to Root N+1 and the user can change it as needed (for example if they spilled some ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu for your quick response.

I have already developed a custom RF application where the QC users scan the SU barcode at the time of sampling the material and the data is stored in a Z-table. That data is auto-populated in ZLT06 for deducting and transferring the sampled quantities to Reserve location from respective SUs after UD.

Here I just wanted to know if there is any standard solution available in WM to capture this complete process.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Such standard report exist, Looking at your business requirement your approach seems goods.

We have an option for sample procedure where you can define the sample size but again it is not specific to HU / SU so ur approach seems viable option where you make sure that you are picking the sample quantity from individual HU /SU

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right Manish.

Again the system based on the sampling procedure will calculate the samples at Batch / Inspection Lot level and not at the HU / SU/ Pack level. There fore while deducting sample qty from respective packs in WM I will have to enter manually the actual details of packs / SU nos and the quantity deducted from each SU. I want to avoid this manual process.

Answers (0)