cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP technical activities in SNC during implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

We are planning to do some prototyping in our sandbox to activate below standard functionalities

can some one can help me to provide list of technical activities performed by ABAPer in SNC during implementation.

Project Scope:

PO Collaboration, Subcontracting PO & SMI

Collaboration methods: Web portal/File Upload & Download

Thanks,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

if you are going for standard SNC scenarios then there is hardly any need for ABAP person but if you want to do customization to suit business requirement or develop any reports which are not available in standard or activate any BAdi then you may require help of ABAP technical person.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

Thanks for information,

Do we perform any technical activities to activate above standard functionaties ?

What I understood there are technical activities related 1.ODM & TSDM which we configure and activate

2.standard internal SNC Web portal setup(from GUI)

3.proxy generation of all interfaces

Please can you explain more do we do?

Thanks,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

Yes, you need to do all the activities you mentioned above but what I was saying that these can be done by SNC functional guy with help PI and Basis person. You don't need ABAP person for this.

1.ODM & TSDM which we configure and activate. Yes and you can get the steps to activate in SNC help document and SAP OSS notes.

2.standard internal SNC Web portal setup(from GUI): Basis team can set up SNC web URL so that it can be accessed from outside network.

3.proxy generation of all interfaces: If I understand correctly, here you are talking about mapping of Idoc with standard SNC XML message which can be done by PI consultant.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

Thanks for quick information,

Point3: After mapping of Idoc to standard XML message by PI team, do we perform Proxy generation of all standard interfaces in SNC during initial setup?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

Yes, you can first check the connectivity using SLDCHECK and if everything is green then go to SPROXY  and test all the standard interfaces.

Thanks