cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Activity(Cost and Quantity Planning and confirmation)

former_member341917
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client wants both cost as well as quantity of work done in internal activity. is it possible?

example:

i do have an activity called Excavation where i  need to plan cost as well as quantity of work that need to be completed and same while confirming.

Excavation -

Work Center: xxxxx         

Work: 100 hrs

Activity type: xxxx

Quantity : 1000 m3

while confirming i need to give both work done as 10 hrs and quantity of work done as 100 m3.

If not in standard how can i achieve this.

Regards,

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you need to confirm Quantity and Work seperately then Please use SKF to represent the Quantity and WORK as you mentioned.

Please read about SKF on network activity and use the functionality.

Thanks

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kusam,

Following is one of the way to achieve this. I am sure experts in this forum may suggest better way than this.

Method 1:

1. The standard field of activity - WC, Work and ActType - will store the details as you mentioned.

2. Use one of the "User fields" identified as "Quantity 1" for capturing the details of 1000 m3. Here unit "m3" is also listed in standard SAP Unit of measurement list.

3. If Timesheet is in scope, then configure the CATS profile based on Personnel allocation on Activity. So from the worklist in T-code CAT2, the respective personnel who is assigned to that activity will book 10hr of time.

4. If Timesheet is not in scope, then manual confirmation of 10hr has to be done.

5. In reporting, the quantity of work has to be calculated manually. So let's say if the report CJI3 has to be modified with the custom logic of 'Quantity of work done', then implement the enhancement spot of CJI3.

- 'Quantity 1' field is already available in CJI3 layout.

- In enhancement spot, calculate 'Quantity 1' based on 'Actual Work' / 'Planned Work'. These fields will be available for calculation in enhancement spot.

Method 2:

You may use the progress analysis method to calculate the quantity of work done. SAP Help provides detailed guide on how to do this.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Aditya

former_member341917
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for ur suggestions.

As per Method 1: if we are given quantity in user field how can i give quantity of work done for each confirmation that i made on the activity.

And if i use CJI3 can u explain the logic in brief.

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kusam,

In method 1, the logic I explained requires enhancement to be implemented for calculating "Quantity of work done".

So let's say that user field "Quantity 1" has value 1000 m3. Also for the planned work as 100 hr, the resource has confirmed 10 hr which counts as 10% work done. In CJI3, add an additional field to store the value of quantity of work done. Here, retrieve actual work and planned work to calculate percentage completion and multiply it with value of "Qunatity 1" field.

Hence, "Quantity of work done" = ((Actual work / planned work) * 100) * Quantity 1

New field in CJI3 = ((AFVV-ISMNW / AFVV-ARBEI) * 100) * AFVU-USR04

Here, AFVV and AFVU will require AUFPL (Plan no. for operation). So in the CJI3 enhancement logic, you will have to search for the AUFPL in AFVC and pass it to both of those table.

The developer will be able to help you in this.

Below mentioned SCN documents explains how to enhancement CJI3 report.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Aditya

former_member341917
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for the logic. but in my case it will not work as the resource may have work for 10hr but he could not able to complete the task which has to be completed in 10hr. so i need both no of hours worked and quantity of work done while confirming the activity.

thanks for your help and i will be looking for further answers from other people.

Regards,

Avinash

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Have you explored the Processing % during confirmation in CN25 ?

Also, how you will define the unit to determine the quantity of work completed in the internal activity ?

Regards

Terence