cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid project description on EJB DC re-creating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

on a NWDI environment of a customer of my I have obviously messed up a EJB component and decided myself to rebuild it from scratch. I deleted all the ressources including name reservation and tryed to re-created the EJB DC. As soon Im trying to finish the wizard, Im getting an execption;

This one doesnt delivers any clues on the problem cause: the assistent for DC creation doesnt contain a description field. What does NWDS is trying to tell me? How to overcome this problem? Thank you very much,

cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems parts of the DC are still in the active part of DTR. I cant delete those obviously, if I try to check in appropriate activity Im getting "Error: Precondiotion integrate--of-version-sets-not allowed check failed", which doesnt delivers any clues on the reason of this problem. While checking marketplace (no notes on the symptom found) and SCN, I have found two threads on this problem:

Inconsistence between active and inactive works... | SCN

Unable to delete DC from SC - 7.31 | SCN

In the second I read the clue:

lawrence.waterhouse wrote:

The problem was that the activity that was created for the DC wasn't seen by NWDI default development nor custom DTR client.

I could see it only by the CBS webui. Then I activated it and DC isn't seen anymore.

I dont see any open activities using the DTR web UI or NWDS, so it doesnt seems to be the problem

The first contains:

I can confirm that I solved the problem by the following actions:

1. Repaired DEV CBS compartment by synchronizing it with DTR (Initialize button)
  2. Recreated all former DCs (their .dcrefs were missing) and then deleted them again according to 864515 note. Checked in and actived activities and released requests.

Worked like a charm!

1. I dont see such a button in the CBS we UI. How to do it exactly?

2. What exactly is meant with "recreated"? I ran through the 864515, but its quite generic is supposed to be used before DC deletion, obviously is written for 7.0, and doesnt helps me on my exact issue

I additionally deleted my workspace including all tracks and reimported complete from NWDI, restarted my development environment, none of this helped.

cheers

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lawrence,

The "Initialize" button is visible in the CBS Web UI, when you do execute initialization of a CBS compartment. For this you have to open a CBS buildspace and select any compartment from it...

Using the CBS Buildspace Details View  - Intersting Section: Initialize Compartment Button

Using the CBS Buildspace Details View - NWDI Web User Interfaces - SAP Library

Having written all this, I have to admit that I do not think initialization of a CBS compartment will solve the issue.

If you have decided to build the EJB from scratch, why then not try with a completely new development track. This will create new CBS buildspace and new DTR workspaces.

Else, you do stick to the already created track.

Most probably by "re-creating" the DCs it has been meant that the DCs have been created again in NWDS and the activities released and activated. With this the .dcdef files have been "re-created" in the DTR as well.

At the present moment I do not think you might implement the note 864515 because the inactive workspace does not contain all the DC data. Does it?

Regards