cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to register program with SAP gateway automatially

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm able to register program in SAP gateway using rfcexec command and using nohup, I can run it in background.

THe problem is if serverrestarts, or if the nohup process terminates, the rfc will fail.

Hence I need to design a mechanism of auto-registering the programs in sapgateway during a server restart to if the process terminates.

Referred few notes as below but couldnot find any valuable information on the same :

Need valuable inputs on the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

May be I'm confused.

As of now I want to register XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_PID which in in inboundRA of PO system.

the program is used in tcp/ip rfc in ECC system.

As the rfc connection from ecc was failing, i used rfcexec to register tis program in ecc to make connection successful

Please correct me if the method is wrong and we are getting idocs failed may be due to this

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

You cannot use the rfcexec in this case.

You need to logon to the PO system and verify the settings of the inboundRA.

It is the PO system that must perform the registration of the program at the ECC.

If you see messages like "registration of program denied" at the PO trace files (dev_jco_rfc.trc), please refer to the following resources:

Regards,

Isaías

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Thank you all for the prompt replies.

We were able to fix the connectivity issues between ecc & PO

The gateway host was maintained as ecc in inbound ra in between troubleshooting and that caused the error.

We also deactivated the gateway restrictions as of now

I'm having new issue with idoc on similar scenario where the idocs are failing with error as

"Object unknown"

I'll raise a new thread for it

Thanks & Regards,Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to hear that you've located the error.

If you could mark the 'helpful answers' and then mark the thread as 'closed' that would be useful.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I got a clarity on the necessary changes and made them.

The rfc is now failing with rc=236

The respective WP8 has no error message but same time gateway log shows connection refused to PI server as below :

In the above screen the ip details are of PI which are taken from ECC gateway log.

I assume the port might be blocked in network firewall may be but is there any settings to cross check from ECC or PO side ?

THe gw/acl_mode = 0 is currently maintained in ecc.

Thanks & regards,

Nikhil

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil.

Could you check this SCN Wiki link it may helpful

Configuration of inboundRA in the Java IDoc_AAE Adapter - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

BR

SS

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

As correctly stated above by others, you do not need to register any registered program using "rfcexec". Don't use nohup also.

The process goes as below:

- You might have received the name of Registered program.

- Created an RFC of "T" type with "Registered Server Program" selection.

Now ask to provider of registered server program to test the connection from their end, once it reaches to your server, it will automatically show up in SMGW->Goto -> Logged on clients. Here you will find that system listed,that means its registered now in your system's gateway.

If you are using this RFC for some IDOC processing, then you may also require to create Port for it in WE21--> Ports --> Transactional RFC.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Your issue is that the remote system is the one that invokes the registration in SAP.  Therefore that system is the one that needs to restart its connection to SAP.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for the SAP note.

My requirement is how to ensure that the programs remains registered with SAP gateway always irrespective of system restart or auto registered during server restart.

THanks & Regards,

Nikhil

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

rfcexec is only a program for testing, it does not register any other programs at the gateway, only itself. Usually a program has its own procedure, how it should be registered at the gateway. What is the program name, which you need to register at the gateway?

Regards,
Alwina

raquel_gomez
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

See information from Note 1893014 - program  not registered "you need to check with the relevant application or third party what the program is and how their program can be registered on the gateway, as different applications may have different registration methods".

Note 2104408 may also help here..

Regards,

Raquel

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

1. Could you share the RFC program name ? if possible share the screen shot.

2. Refer the SAP note 1494757

BR

SS