cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Steward link from BI Launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Business Objects on Server A and Data Services/Info Steward on Server B. A user logs in to BI Launchpad which is hosted by Tomcat on Server A. If they click on the Information Steward link on their home screen it is Information Steward hosted by Tomcat on Server B that is served up to them.

Where is the URL that sits behind this button stored? I can't see it explicitly in the config.

I am looking at adding high availability/disaster recovery to an existing environment. The thinking is that the Data Services/Information Steward server name might change so we need to be able to alter the URL to call Info Steward on a different server or perhaps hit an F5 load balancer which then redirects.

Any info gratefully received.

Best regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member18162
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The location for configuring the BI Launch Pad Integration is:

CMC > Applications > right-click on Information Steward > select BI Launch Pad Integration.

I don't know if this helps you or not; however this is how the integration is enabled.

Thanks,
Julie

JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Because the interface between the BI Launch Pad and Information Steward is done from the Information Steward end (I find this very odd and counter-intuitive), I don't think you will have a problem if you change the server name for your Data Services/Information Steward server.  I think because of this configuration, there isn't really a place to configure the URL for Information Steward in the Business Objects environment.

From the configuration, it doesn't look like high availability is really an option either.  In Information Steward, you have to designate a specific server to connect to.  At least as of Information Steward version 4.2sp4 you couldn't.  I'm working on an upgrade to version 4.2sp7 so I guess I'll see if it changes.