cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Text Pre-Populated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi
A couple of users in SRM 7.01 during the creation of shopping cart (Describe Requirement & Catalogue) have Supplier Text & Internal Note pre-populated under the notes and attachment. There is no configuration setup for Standard Text.

I have reviewed all the relevant checks for this user but could not find any one issue to point my finger. I have tried to see if there are any notes which has addressed such issue, but nothing qualified. This is impacting only a couple of user who have reported this up until now.

Could you please guide me on any approach I should take to get to the root cause.

Let me know if you need any further information or details on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

Good to hear from you too. Where are you nowadays?

One more area to check on would be Info records in ECC. Depending on your scenario and setup these might play a role too.

Do the texts always appear for the same vendor/material group combination or only for specific users?

Cheers,

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz

I am in Manchester.

There are no info records maintained in ECC.

This happens to 2 users which we are aware of and is user specific. This is not specific to any supplier.

When we see the Supplier Text under the notes and attachments in the over view the text shows ' Empty', however when we click on the supplier text, the text is displayed in the pop up window. as attached in the. This happens with the internal note also.

Thanks & Kind Regards

Sachin

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin

Check if there is any standard text maintained

SAP Supplier Relationship Management under   SRM Server  Cross-Application Basic Settings  Text Schema   >> Define Text Types >>Define Text Schema >>Define Fixed Values for Texts

Refer link below

Notes - Purchasing Documents - SAP Library

Alos as pointed by Franz they could actually be copying it from an old cart.

Can you try to see if the text being shown is always the same or does it vary?

Regards

Vinita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita

Thank you for the reply and inputs.

I have checked the configuration and nothing exists in the fixed values for the texts.

The same text gets populated in test client everytime a SC is created, there is no variation in the text.

Thanks & Kind Regards

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

Some points/checks come to mind:

- Could you confirm with the users that they do a 'Describe Requirement' and NOT a copy from an 'Old shopping cart/template'

- No catalogue fields are mapped to the vendor text?

- Can you produce the issue in a test environment? Might be easier to check there

Cheers,

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz

Nice to see your message. Hope you are well.

- This happens for all types of procurement, catalogued and non-catalogued. I did see if there was any SoS with the SC, but non existed, nor was taken from old SC template.

- None of the catalogue fields have been mapped with the vendor text

- I have tested the same scenario with the user id of the impacted user in test client, it is the same as in production, but still not able to identify the cause.

Thanks & Kind Regards

Sachin