cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manger 7.2: Maintain Dual stack Managed system in Maintenance Planner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the maintenance planner guide it clearly states that it is required to maintain a product system in SOLMAN before you upload system data from a managed dual stack system to the SAP Support Portal. But in SOLMAN 7.2 it seems to be no longer possible to model product systems.

How do I maintain a dual stack NW 7.4 process integration system in maintenance planner if the only available SOLMAN system in the landscape is the “7.2” product version? Is this not possible?

I have tried triggering a upload to sap support portal of both the AS Java instance and the AS ABAP instance of a NW 7.4 based dual stack process integration system. In both cases the upload is successful and the “Last Replicated On” time stamp in the “Explore Systems” list is updated, but when I navigate to the system I can see that only the ABAP stack has been registered in Maintenance planner.

I have create a OSS on this but the processing is slow...

Best Regards

Andreas Søbstad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by implementing the following sap note:

2186164 - Problem in replicating systems to Maintenance Planner

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check Planning Landscape Changes (SAP Solution Manager 7.2 and the Maintenance Planner), and check the document for 'maintenance dependencies'. You need to define a maintenance dependency, instead of production systems.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not be able to create the dependency in MP because the AS Java part of the PI system doesn't seem to be available at all in the system list. Maybe this only works if the java stack and the ABAP stack has got different SIDs?

Best Regards

Andreas Søbstad

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

On the SIDs, nope because I checked and I've got a dual stack system (SolMan 71 system), one SID as Dual system type in MP. If it has two different SIDs, it's isn't dual stack anymore really, then you've got two single stacks which belong together, not the exact same thing.

What I would try would be to remove the system from SLD which would remove it also in LMDB normally, check and if needed remove more manually, sync it back to SLD (both AS ABAP and AS JAVA) so it gets synchronized back to LMDB and then try to upload it again to MP.

Best regards

Tom

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

A dual stack should be displayed in Maintenance Planner as system type "Dual", otherwise, the definition wouldn't be correct.

I'm not sure if 7.2 brings a specific change in this logic to be honest so I'm interested to hear about the solution or to help find a solution.

In LMDB normally, you should see "Java Part of Dual-Stack" when you call up the technical system. The technical system definition in 7.2 also represents the product system because it didn't really make sense to have these two different definitions, in the end it's a system with a bunch of components and it represents a product version.

I would think that the synchronization of SLD to LMDB should automatically make it visible as Dual Stack.

Otherwise, you should have the option, in edit mode in LMDB technical system, to use the button Assign Java Stack. That can be used to assign the Java Stack of the ABAP system so both are associated. If that's not yet the case, I would suggest you try it out and upload the data again to the Maintenance Planner.

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The java stack is already assigned in the ABAP stack technical system.

It is listed under "Java Part of Dual-Stack". It looks correct. It has automatically been registered during the SLD to LMDB synchronization.

My problem is that the system type always is "ABAP" in MP. If I push "upload to sap support portal" in the Dual stack PI AS Java technical system and then navigate to MP I can see that the time stamp has been updated but the system type still is ABAP only

and none of the AS java product instances has appeared in the "software details".

Best Regards

Andreas Søbstad