cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria - This client is not approved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

We seem to be having an issue with enrolling a Samsung Galaxy device running the Lollipop Android OS.

It works fine with devices running KitKat.

I keep getting this error in the device log - This client is not approved

What could be causing this?

Regards

Riaz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Riaz,

Did the issue happen with plural devices?

If you saw the issue on plural devices,

This Afaria's version mayn't support Lollipop.

Which version are you using?(Afaria Server, Clients)

Please refer to the updated product documentation for Afaria (http://help.sap.com/afaria).

If the issue happened on a particular device, probably you can find the device in the afaria admin.

The device will be registered as an un-approved device on the system tenant.

(The device won't exist in an expected tenant.)

Perhaps the device came across any issues in the enrollment.

Regards,

Koichi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koichi

I seem to have figured out a solution. I'm still not entirely sure why this happens however when the device is unable to enroll it is moved to the system tenant under devices which are unapproved.

Approving it there does not make a difference as it immediately reverts to unapproved again.

What I did was to select the device under the system tenant and choose delete all data associated with it then run a connect from the device client app (it has the server settings stored correctly at this stage just no enrollment yet). At this point the pre-requisite installation components seem to run again and prompt the device to install them. After this has been completed through a sucessfull session with the server I then used the self service portal to enroll the device again and it worked.

So it seems like this issue is caused by the server being unable to install some security components on the device which are needed before enrollment can take place. Seems like a bug to me

Regards

Riaz

Answers (0)