Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment cost for own fleet

Mohamed_Ali
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have a scenario in transportation management where the customer use both rented and his own vehicles.
I want your help in achieving the below points:

1- Can we calculate planned cost for the shipment with internal fleet?
2- How to settle this cost to FI or to inventory "in case of transferring stock from plant to plant"?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohamed,

Shipment cost of a truck which is owned by the company is dependant on a lot of factors. Fuel oil prices, wage of driver, and even depreciation of the truck to a lesser extent. You can add more elements here as well. The question of how will this be handled is usually in reaponsibility of Controlling department. You can customize the system to find different shipment cost item categories in case of own truck usage (and do not create PO) and settle the items to relevant cost elements. However, automatic shipment cost item price calculation looks almost impossible here.

Mohamed_Ali
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Kıvanç,

I am new to this area, Can you guide me how to configure the shipment cost item categories. and where to set the settlement rule for it.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohamed,

Please keep in mind that SCN is not the place to look for step by step instructions. You can try googleing on how to do that and you'll find what you're looking for. Basically all customizing for Shipment cost procedure is under Logistics Execution -> Transportation -> Shipment Costs hierarchy in SPRO. Do dome research and I'm sure you'll be rewarded a lot by finding yourself.

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Mohamed_Ali
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mohd Khan.

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.