cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas - Changing functionality of save button

0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I am totally new to personas and have been handed over a requirement wherein I need to change the functionality of the save button in transaction QA32.

The requirement is that on pressing the save button, it should display a pop up where on clicking yes --> it should open a new tcode which has the data present on this screen.
Is it feasible / advisable to change the script of the SAVE ? Or should I just suggest using of a custom button ?

Thanks,
Unnati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't change the behaviour of the standard save button, but you can hide it and put an identical looking script button in its place. Whether you do that or put the script button elsewhere depends on the circumstances. If you really are changing the save process by adding extra steps then it makes perfect sense. If you are turning it into something else, maybe not.

One question to ask is, what would make sense to your users? Would they find a modified save button confusing is it what they would expect? Have you asked them?

Steve.

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply! Actually i need to display a pop up where the YES button will save + open a new transaction and NO will only perform a save . As you suggested I will create a script button.

To avoid confusion the users wanted that this be done to the standard save button but I'll try hiding it.

Thanks,

Unnati

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your script button has the same icon as the standard, and is in the same place, they shouldn't be confused!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

clemens_gantert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is possible to change behavior of standard button completely. If a script that is attched to the onClick event of a button returns "true" then the button's standard action is not executed.

So if you want your popup and navigation logic to happen after the actual save your script has to do the following:

1)  Trigger the actual save functionality with "source.press();"

2) Do your logic with the popup and navigation, e.g. session.utils.confirm() and then session.startTransaction()

3) "return true;" because we don't want the standard save action to be executed a second time

Best Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

I always forget that. Thanks Clements