cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Installation during Import ABAP

0 Kudos

I am installing SAP Netweaver ABAP trial 7.02 window 64 bit on my Windows 8.1 64 bit.

During Installation I got the following error:

When I looked into the log files I didn't get the problem and google the different errors mentioned in the log files. I tried many solutions based on SCN and other websites but nothing worked. Please have a look and share your expertise. Thanks

Additional Info:

1. Jave 7 is installed
  2. I am using Max DB and it was running
  3. I have set the Virtual memory to 2*1024*6 MB

The log files are as:

Import_monitor.java.log  : http://pastebin.com/0Wbs7bQA

import_monitor.log  :http://pastebin.com/QkGrjgdt

SAPSSEXC_1     : http://pastebin.com/rhgRwxJy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your quick response and help.

My issue is resolved now and I have successfully installed SAP.

What I did is reinstall the windows and did a fresh installation of SAP and checked if db is running or not. By the advice of you guys I was very careful about the installation this time.

Thank you,

Ranjeet Singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

Let us know what kernel version you have select for this installation. check the DBTOOLS.SAR patch level. sometime if you need to provide the highest patch level which will not come with kernel media file. Download the latest kernel file and DBTOOL.SAR file. If the import ABAP which not connect to database it means does't a matter database down. Mostly this kind of issue with will come during Import the ABAP steps in installation. This will cause issue if DBTOOL.SAR patch level is low.

Thanks,

BM

0 Kudos

Hi Brindavan,

I am using Kernel 720. please find below screenshot:

I have some questions:

1. I am unable to find DBTOOLS.SAR file. How to find this and check patch level?

2. I googled and try to download the latest kernel file and DBTOOL.SAR file, I got the link (https://service.sap.com/swdc)  to service marketplace for download the files. Unfortunately I do not have access to this as I am an individual user.

Kindly help as I am not aware of this kernel stuff. I just want to Install ABAP for practice purpose.

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

You can find the files in kernel itself. use latest kernel version like 7.2. what are the step you are following to install SAP.

1)  Lookback adpater

2) swap space memory tuning.

3) Java isntallation

4) Java_home in environment variable

user variable = JAVA_HOME = c:/program files/java/jre

Path =%JAVA_HOME%\bin

5) Max DB

etc...

let us know which step you are following..

Thanks,

BM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjeet,

The tail of your logs is showing the error that your DB is not running. Check the operational state and traces of your database. Check why the DB is stopped and then restart it.

Moderator, could you move the thread to the Netweaver forum as has nothing to do with SAP on Oracle.

KR,

Amerjit

0 Kudos

Hello Amerjit,

Thanks for reply,

When I was started to install SAP Netweaver for the first time ( from Scratch ) Max Db was running fine ( I checked in Task Manager ).

If there is any other way around to check that Db is running or not please let me know and how to restart it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjeet,

You can check the state of the DB with the following command:

dbmcli -d <DB name> -u <user>,<passwd> db_state

You can then take the DB offline and bring it back online with:

dbmcli -d <DB name> -u <user>,<passwd> db_offline

dbmcli -d <DB name> -u <user>,<passwd> db_online

Check the state again after you have brought it online and then continue with your installation.

KR,

Amerjit

0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the status of Max db. Initially it was online but when I took it offline and then try to made it online I got the following error:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

Did you tried manually renaming the file to check if that starts DB?

Rename the file present in rtedump_dir and check

rtedump_dir\RTEMemory_table.00000000702b80 to rtedump_dir\RTEMemory_table.00000000702b80.old

Regards

Prithviraj

0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj,

I renamed the file and then was able to successfully put the DB online.

Unfortunately I am getting same error during 'Import ABAP" phase.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please attach import_monitor.log file

Regards

Prithviraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please zip it and attach it to thread.

0 Kudos

File types allowed: .asc, .txt, .text, .xml, .xsl, .gif, .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .jpe, .ics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

Coming back to the thread. So you managed to restart the DB but you still get the same error (DB connect failed).

1. Can you attach the latest SAPSSEXC_1 log so we can have a look again.

2. As nspadm can you run R3load -testconnect and post the output here.

3. Can you upload the knlmsg file so that we can see if there are errors being recorded on the DB.

4. Please execute: "dbmcli -u <user>,<password> -D NSP show active" and post the results here.

KR,

Amerjit

0 Kudos

1. SAPSSEXC_1 log file : http://pastebin.com/TRjC691h

2. I logged in as nspadm and run "r3load -testconnect" and got this output

Any solution for this?

3. which knlmsg file ?

4. I tried to execute "dbmcli -u <user>,<password> -D NSP show active" but I get the user authorization failed error. I remembered the password but what is the username???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjeet,

1. The KnlMsg file.

2. Try control,control for the user/password combination (or whatever you set the control user password to be).

As your dbstate showed the DB running but you are getting a connection error I am thinking that maybe your log area is full. Have you tried to take a backup of the DB ?

KR,

Amerjit

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Install MaxDB Database Studio, connect to the database and check the status of the database.

If the database is OK then stop sapinst and check for any *.TSK.bck files in the installation directory and if found then merge it. Finally restart the sapinst and see if that helps.