cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostic agent server name missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing an issue with server name for Diagnostic agents installed on HP-UX and Windows. The issue is faced with most of agents connected to Solution Manager, but not all.

The Agent Administration shows no server for these agents, while at OS level server name is provided in runtime.properties. I also tried to re-assigned server name using smdsetup script. I stopped the agent and deleted offline entry from Agent Administration.

I observed that when I start the agent visibly I could see in Agent Administration that the entry got created in grey state with Server Name assigned. A moment later the Server name went away with state still grey. After a moment it came back. Finally when entry turned green, server name was gone.

I have patched LM-Service to latest patch of SPS14, our stack level.

Please suggest if you have also faced such issues. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manish_kumar8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hrishikesh,

You need to assign the agent to a server.

Once the diagnostic agent is visible in the Agent Administration as GREEN ( i.e. running ) , you need to go to the managed system setup and select the "Host" on which the agent was installed.

You need to run the managed system setup of the host and assign the agent to the host.

Once you do it, the server name will be visible.

Let me know if it helps you.

Regards,

MK

gsbasra99
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Hrishikesh, Is your environment is HA, if yes than you need to use agent as Agent on Fly. DAA agent on fly concept used for High availability environment , where DB /Server switch/fail over activity in place. you can check this link as well. https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agent+and+HA+Support?original_fqdn=wiki.sd... Regards, Gagandeep Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not HA environment. The issue is observed for all systems, including sandbox. However, it is true that we activated On-the-fly agents because on one Virtual host we have multiple logical host when SAP and DB is installed.

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hrishikesh,

Please try below method and see if this helps:

1. Login to hosts using SMD Agent SIDADM (DAAADM/DA1ADM/SMDADM etc).

2. Goto file system /usr/sap/<SMD SID>/SMDA<number>/scripts

3. Execute below command

./smdsetup.sh changeservername servername:"<SMD Agent hostname>"

4. Stop SMD Agent (stopsap)

5. Start SMD Agent (startsap)

Check if you are able to see server name now in agent admin.

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

The server name is already assigned at OS level. We re-executed the smdsetup script as well. I can see server name in runtime.properties file.

As I have described, while starting the agent I can see agent showing server name in agent administration for some moments, but not for longer. In the OS level log files also it clearly mentions server name being used.

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hrishikesh,

Please check below SAP Notes and see if this helps in your issue:

1842840 - Diagnostics Agent disconnecting from Solution Manager System - Solution Manager 7.1

1751496 - Agent is showing intermittently in the Agent Administration

Thanks,

Manish