Answers (4)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the issue which you're experiencing right now

" EHP4: SAP System message:

SQL error -1 occurred when accessing program SAPMS "

Suggest you try to access your IDES system through SAP GUI 720 or 730 instead of SAP GUI version 710 and re-share the results.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Gaurav

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Since I am not a technical person, I dont have the knowledge of installing SAP GUI.

Please help in this matter.

Regards,

Radheshyam P.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhaeshyam.

Check this video How To Install SAP GUI on Windows - YouTube

BR

SS

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

In continuation, Please find the below screen-shot for the error.

luisdarui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radheshyam,

You might have to look at the developer traces in the work folder of this dialog instance to get more details. The SQL Error -1 is kinda generic, usually points out to communication error between the application server and the database server.

Best regards,

Luis Darui

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

There are several images of ST05 - SQL trace dump, which one to provide for checking.

Regards,

Radheshyam P.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radheshyam.

1. Check the sm21 log any errors, dumps in ST22?

2. At OS level you can find the trace files in following location  \usr\sap\sid\devxxxx\work.

BR

SS

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

When I tried to open ST22 it also showing the same error as below.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you check the data,log & SAP USR folder free space?

BR

Ss

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
luisdarui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radeshyam,

SQL error -1 usually points out to a network connection error.

Check the SM21 for more details and also the developer trace file for the logged work process.

You can use the following wiki page for troubleshooting it:

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/tw3FGQ

Best regards,

Luis

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

When I opened SM21, it is coming like below screen.

luisdarui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radheshyam,

Do you have the screenshot of the error? Is it a short dump?

In the SM21 there is no entry right now.

Best regards,

Luis

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

I will send you the error screen-shot shortly since it is in my personal machine.

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please find the SM21 dump for the error.

Regards,

Radheshyam P.

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Luis,

Please find the developer trace for the error.

Regards,

Radheshyam P.

luisdarui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radheshyam,

There are different errors in this developer trace. But before commenting about them, something you said brought my attention:

Radheshyam P wrote:

Since I am not a technical person, I dont have the knowledge of installing SAP GUI.

Please help in this matter.

The community is open to everyone but this topic (SAP systems on SQL Server) is very technical, it requires a lot of knowledge about databases, operating systems and SAP NetWeaver.

If you don't have technical skills you should seek further expertise onsite to help you while you can study SQL Server, Windows and SAP NetWeaver at your own pace. That is my suggestion. Because we might not give you a step-by-step to get this issue fixed, but clues and evidences for what seek next.

About the errors, the SQL -1 error usually points out to network problems, but this sometimes is misleading because happens right after another problem, and because of the early error, the connection is therefore closed unexpected, it ends up with a connection error.

see:

C Sun Oct 02 23:15:36 2016

C  ERROR: -1 in function StartSelect (execute) [line 9700]

C  (601) [42000] [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to data movement.

B  ***LOG BY4=> sql error 601    performing SEL on table SNAP       [dbtran#3 @ 7523] [dbtran  7523 ]

B  ***LOG BY0=> [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to data movement. [dbt

And this happens again:

C Sun Oct 02 23:15:49 2016

C  dbdsmss: DBSL99 SQL0

C  [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to data movement.

B  ***LOG BY2=> sql error 0          performing EXE        [dbds#1 @ 798] [dbds    0798 ]

B  ***LOG BY0=> [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to data movement. [dbd

C Sun Oct 02 23:15:52 2016

C  ERROR: -1 in function GetNextRowUsingGetData (fetch) [line 9826]

C  (-1) [08S01] [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Session Provider: Connection has been closed by peer [xFFFFFFFF].

C  ERROR: -1 in function GetNextRowUsingGetData (fetch) [line 9826]

C  (-1) [08S01] [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Communication link failure

B  ***LOG BY4=> sql error -1     performing FET on table REPOLOAD   [dbrepolo#? @ 275] [dbrepolo0275 ]

B  ***LOG BY0=> [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Session Provider: Connection has been closed by peer [xFFFFFFFF].  [dbrepo

A  TH VERBOSE LEVEL FULL

A  ** RABAX: level LEV_RX_PXA_RELEASE_MTX entered.

A  ** RABAX: level LEV_RX_PXA_RELEASE_MTX completed.

A  ** RABAX: level LEV_RX_COVERAGE_ANALYSER entered.

A  ** RABAX: level LEV_RX_COVERAGE_ANALYSER completed.

A  ** RABAX: level LEV_RX_ROLLBACK entered.

C  ERROR: -1 in function DbSlRollback (ROLLBACK) [line 2684]

C  (-1) [08S01] [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Session Provider: Connection has been closed by peer [xFFFFFFFF].

C  ERROR: -1 in function DbSlRollback (ROLLBACK) [line 2684]

C  (-1) [08S01] [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Communication link failure

This end up showing like a network disconnection, right?

But your installation is a central one, using Shared Memory protocol to connect (LPC):

C  Local connection used on SCM7SRV to named instance: lpc:SCM7SRV\EH4

So, what can it be?

1) The message about "could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to data movement" can be caused by a database corruption, sometimes. See The following SAP Notes:

965530601 Errors in SQL Server
142731SQL Server DBCC checks

2) You're using a out of support version of SAP Kernel, which is too old! I can't even think how many corrections and improvements have been done to the Kernel and DBSL since then:

'D:\usr\sap\EH4\DVEBMGS88\exe\dbmssslib.dll' is "700.08", patchlevel (0.31)

I'd suggest to download the latest SAP Kernel 7.22 or 7.21 along with the most recent DBSL (both Packages I and II)..

3) Find a technical person that could really assist you. It is very likely that you really need a BASIS expert on this,

Best regards,

Luis Darui

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply Luis.

I think this would do something for me.

Thank you all the experts once again.

I will update you all once the error is resolved.

Best Regards,

Radheshyam P.

luisdarui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhesyam,

Great. I am in hope that all guidance from all people involved here assisted you. Please remember to mark as helpful all the helpful information you got and as correct answer after you're done with all of this.

Best regards,

Luis Darui

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Will surely do that.