Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm Configuration

sandeepkarnati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

i am planning to implement CHARM at my work place....before going further i do have few things to clarify.

1)do i need ITSM as preq to configure charm?

2)what is quality gateway management?

3)place i work,we push transports to production on every Thursday,here we import transport(CRM,ERP,BW) manually  this usecase does CHARM helps to automate the transports import?

at my work place we use third party tool to create the changes and incidents,in the CAB meeting once changes are approved,then we move them to prod,can CHARM help here to automate transports import once changes are approved

actually  CHARM documentation is allover SCn and market place...its so confusing.Could someone share some standard documentation for configure.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gsbasra99
Explorer
0 Kudos
sandeepkarnati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gagandeep,

actually i dont want o implement the ITSM...i just need the CHARM....

could you please share any specific documents if you have....

my requirement is to automate the transport import .

gsbasra99
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Please go through with below docs...both will be helpful..

The Complete ChaRM Solution

How to configure SAP Solution Manager Change Request Management with SOLMAN_SETUP - Solution Manager...

Regards,

Gagandeep Singh

sandeepkarnati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gagandeep,

is there any chance that you can leave your email id here

gsbasra99
Explorer
0 Kudos

that is in my v card u can get from there...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

This SAP Knowledge Base Article will be helpful to you:

1937236 - Where to find on-line documentation for Solution Manager's ITSM and ChaRM

Regards,

Ruth

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

1) no

2) QGM is a similar scenario as CHARM is where QGM can be considered to be more "lightweight" compared to CHARM, both could also be combined

3) yes it can

Transaction SOLMAN_SETUP - Change Request Management has all the relevant steps to configure CHARM along with help documentation, you can combine this with SCN sources.

You can also go and follow the relevant SAP course (SM200) or use SAP learning hub to go through the course and potentially even SAP live access to practice on a system.

Best regards

Tom

sandeepkarnati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

thanks for the input.Do you have any specific documentation or materials from EGI that can help me in the configuration on CHARM.

Please share if you have any