cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple specification or Plausability Limits?

0 Kudos

Hi All

We have a case here where we have a material that can go to 5 different customers. In theory it should then be 5 different material codes as there is different specification but they don't want to go down that route.

So I have a couple of questions first can you use plausibility limits or tolerances for hard and soft fails? As of now we are only using upper and lower spec and then this will valuate as rejected. Wondering can we use something where it will give a warning that it is outside of this soft limits and then reject if outside these hard fail limits?

The other question is on the multiple specification I have set up a plan with multiple specification dependent characteristics but the plan will not assign to the inspection lot. I have no idea why not. I tried using the pharmacopeia version of multiple specification and then in the search field put the names of the different customers the specification applied to. Why I didn't choose the Customer Version is because when we are making production orders we never assign the customer to it through the sales order.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sinead,

have a look on multiple specifications in QM results recording. This solution was developed to support different customer specifications / limits.

You have to activate multiple specs in customizing, in the material master, and in the inspection plan header. For each type you have to assign also a separate line in the material - plan assignment.

Inspection plan have to be maintained with transaction CWBQM.

BR,

Dieter

0 Kudos

Thanks Dieter.

I have tried this but was not able to get the plan to assign to the lot. Did you use pharmacopeia and create a new object with a new search field rather than medical terms. Or did you use Customer and input multiple Customers against the plan?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you delete all existing assignments first from the plan.

Then use CWBQM to make the assignments.  When working with multiple specifications, you HAVE to use CWBQM.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to assign multiple customers.

BR,

Dieter

0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

Thanks for above and are you having Customer field maintained in your production order? Or are you just making the material code to stock? As in our plants we have no Customer code in the production order as we are not making to sales order so I think this is why the inspection plan is not assigning to the inspection lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sinead,

it is not required to have the customer number in the production order. You have to maintain the different customers in the multiple spec in the inspection plan header, and you have to maintain the specific limits on the inspection characteristics.

BR,

Dieter

0 Kudos

I found out what my issue was in CWBQM I was putting the Customer object type against all assignments you need to leave the first assignment free from object and then do your corresponding below.