Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to BIP to open published Lumira file created using OLAP connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Team,

I'm using  SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 and Lumira 1.30,

Currently I'm facing issue when trying to re-open the published Lumira doc created by different user from BI Launchpad using Lumira Desktop.

Steps followed:

1. Login to BI Platform using (User 1) via Lumira desktop.
  2. Select the OLAP Connection created for HANA database.
  3. Create a story and save it to one of the folders in BI Platform.
  4. Close the Lumira desktop.
  5. Login to BIP using (User 2) via Lumira Desktop.
  6. Navigate to the folder of the saved Lumira Story and try opening it.
  7. Below error occurs when trying to open the Lum file though the credentials are correct.

In short the issue is - Not able to open the Lumira file created by another user using OLAP Connection via Lumira Desktop

Can you please guide me resolving this issue.

Thank you.

Sarvani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvani,

Are you able to open the document in the BI platform using Lumira server instead of Lumira desktop ?

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to open the document using BI Launchpad with both the user credentials.

Facing issue only when using Lumira Desktop.

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

When saving the Lumira document in the BI platform, did the user 1 save the document using "save without data" option ?

You can also try to uninstall and reinstall Lumira desktop to see if the issue persists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I tried with both Save without data and with data too. Both the cases same issue.

Also tried uninstall and reinstall Lumira desktop.

Observed this issue is only when i am trying to create HANA Online Report.

For Offline HANA report everything works pretty fine.

Thank you,

Sarvani

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvani,

The HANA online connectivity comes with certain trade offs to provide live data. The workaround for this would be to publish the storyboard in the BI platform and both users edit the server version and save changes.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you searched for this error message?  When I search SCN for this error, 292 results come back - and when I search on the SAP Support portal several notes come back.  See this note: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2188298/E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I checked all these SAP notes.. but no luck

I am facing issue when logging into via Lumira Desktop to open a published Lumira document.