cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict credit notes based on amount of invoice

0 Kudos

Hi,

My project uses order related billing. The order quantities are always zero. Credit memo requests are created with respect to invoice.

Issue is:

Multiple credit memo requests are getting created with respect to 1 invoice. Say invoice is of 100$ but I am able to create any number of credit           memo requests of 100$. I would like to restrict the creation of credit memo requests based on Net value of line items. So say if my billing document has 2 line items and amount for the first line item has been fully credited to customer then SAP should not allow me to create another credit memo request for the same line item.

I tried doing FB70 for the above but it too allowed me to create multiple credit notes with respect to the same invoice.

I tried doing Invoice Correction Request as well but no success.

Can anyone please advise on this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

assuming that you create your credit notes from an invoice in SD, you can restrict wich line ítems will be copied from invoice to credit note in control copy (tcode VTAF) at line ítem level. You can create your own routine for field Copying requirements. Define your requirements and contact with your abaper.

Regards,

JM

0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

Thanks for reply!

I have a question on this though. How does standard SAP gives credit note(s) for service materials?

Regards,

Nikks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikks,

it would work as a normal material. Let´s say you invoiced 3 hours for repairing machine xxxx and the number of hours billed is wrong.

When you create a credit memo, you can use same material used in the invoice, billing the number of hours missing. It is helpful to create a text in the document explaining reasons of the credit note that can later be printed.

Regards,

JM

0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

What you say is correct however where/how standard SAP poses a restriction on the amount to be credited in case of service materials because no business would credit amount more than that of the invoice?