cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 Firefighter issue after Support Pack upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GRC Experts,

We have upgraded GRC AC 10.1 to the latest support pack level last month and now we are facing issue with assigning firefighter users to the Firefighter ID's.

When I try and make changes to their Firefighter access it says "User cannot be assigned as firefighter" I have not had this message before. I confirm the Firefighter users are not the owner/controller.

I did lot of search on google and marketplace but couldn't find the solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member614112
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem. Could you please help?

Below the detailled description of the issue.

Description of the action I want to do: Assign firefighter ID to User.

• 1-Make “G_TEST_C” as controller for the firefighter ID “F_POLTEC_HAB" => no problem the controller receive the FF logs and can approve the logs.
  • 2-Delete “G_TEST_C” from the list of controllers of the firefighter ID “F_POLTEC_HAB”.
  • 3-Be sure that the deletion is done correctly in the table GRACFFCTRL and /GRCPI/GRIACTRL
  • 4-Assign the firefighter ID “F_POLTEC_HAB” to the firefighter “G_TEST_C” (old controller of this firefighter ID).
  • 5-ERROR: User cannot be assigned as firefighter

Attached screenshots of tables after the exercise.

GRACFFOWNER

GRACFFCTRL

/GRCPI/GRIACTRL

GRACFFUSER

If I try to do the assignation from the Firefighter ID I have the same message.

• 6-The MASS assignation of the firefighter ID “F_POLTEC_HAB” to the firefighter “G_TEST_C” works.
  • 7-Below the screenshots of the table GRACFFUSER in FDG (Dev GRC) and the table /GRCPI/GRIAFFUSR in FD3 (dev of the ECC system) after the mass assignation of FFID to the user. I have to launch the job “authorization synch” to see the assignation the system ECC.

I attached also information of the support package, the plugins GRC and the configuration SPRO.

gracffown

er.png

user-cannot-be-assigned-as-firefighter-1.png

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

I came across the same problem after SP14 upgrade. Check note 2292130, authorisation GRFN_USER ACTVT 16 is now a requirement for the user being assigned to a FFID. This auth isn't included in the provided AC roles and may not be in the roles you are using. An auth trace when assigning FF IDs should also show this.

Cheers

Daniel

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

after the SP upgrade, did you check the role(assigned to FF id) status. Is it in generated version.

i think you should also run SU25 on GRC system. then synchronize the User and Role jobs again. Thereafter check the GRACUSERROLE  table.

Is your 4010 role in GRC system same as 4010 role in connector systems.

Regards

plaban

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna,

the issue comes typically when the user is an owner/controller of the respective FF. Since you said it's not it's strange. Can you share some screenshots so that we can see? Best to check tables GRACFFCTRL, GRACFFOWNER, GRACFFUSER and share.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Did you happen to check this note?

Regards,

Rakesh Ram M