Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProductionOrderRequest.xslt file change generates ORA-24778

former_member236869
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are at ME 15.0.3 with Ora 11.2.0.4 and Win 2012 servers

In order to manage the workcenter and create automatic routing, some code in the ProductionOrderRequest.xslt file was added.

Here is the code added:

<sch:ReportingCenterRef><sch:WorkCenter><xsl:value-of select="ARBPL"/>
</sch:WorkCenter>
</sch:ReportingCenterRef>
      <sch:ErpWorkCenterRef><sch:WorkCenter><xsl:value-of select="ARBPL"/>
</sch:WorkCenter>
</sch:ErpWorkCenterRef>
  • We tested this file in a develop enviroment and all work well without any issues (landascape with only one database with NW, WIP, ODS schema)
  • After the deploying in the production enviroment (3 separated data bases in 3 different win servers), after some time we get the error ORA-24778.
    • herewith the error:

Production Order:1758840 error: STEP = STD_SERVICE]. javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: ASJ.ejb.005044 (Failed in component: sap.com/me~ear) Exception raised from invocation of public com.sap.me.frame.Data com.sap.me.production.ProductionOrderSOBean.create(com.sap.me.frame.Data,java.util.Map) throws com.sap.me.frame.BasicBOBeanException method on bean instance com.sap.me.production.ProductionOrderSOBean@158595dc for bean sap.com/me~ear*xml|me.production.ejb-150.3.7.jar*xml|ProductionOrderSO in application sap.com/me~ear.; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-24778: cannot open connections

• We changed Oracle paramer OPEN_LINKS_PER_INSTANCE from default value of 4 to 10.
  • Tested this change, and seemed working fine. But the day after,  the error came back again.
  • Rool back the ProductionOrderRequest.xslt to the previous version.
  • Right now all works well, but we need to manage the information about the ARBPL

My questions:

- Oracle error because a change of xslt file ?

- How to calculate the right number for Ora parameter OPEN_LINKS_PER_INSTANCE ?

- Are the are dependent parameter that I have to adjust or other Ora parameters ?

Thank you !

PS.

I cannot attach xslt files because not allowed by the site, error msg: The content type of this attachment is not allowed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member236869
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

herewith the log.

Anyway one ME system is at 15.0.3.3, and the another is at 15.0.3.7 of ME Core

Regards

former_member236869
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to update only Sap Me Core from 15.0.3.3 or from 15.0.3.7 to 15.0.3.34 and without any maintenance activity before or after the installation ?

ME/MII level:

sap.com MII_ADMIN        1000.15.0.3.1.20150225091658       MAIN_MII141PA_C

sap.com SAPMECTC       1000.15.0.3.1.20150225153339       MAIN_MEC62PAT_C

sap.com SAPMEINT        1000.15.0.3.1.20150225153437       MAIN_MEC62PAT_C

sap.com SAPMEINTCTC 1000.15.0.3.1.20150225153500       MAIN_MEC62PAT_C

sap.com SAPMECORE    1000.15.0.3.3.201503161155           SAP AG

sap.com XMII                   1000.15.0.3.4.20150309031455       MAIN_MII141PA_C

Thank you.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be possible if:

1) there were no patch releases of other ME components between the current patch and project patch of SAPMECORE;

AND

2) there is no fix between the current patch and project patch of SAPMECORE which requires executing of SAPMECTC or SAPMEINTCTC task of a newer version than you have.

Otherwise the chance of successful upgrade of SAPMECORE only becomes lower, though it is still possible that it will work fine for your processes.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for attachments. Error comes from the class and method that was corrected at patch 28 for similar error. So you could try to upgrade SAPMECORE to fix this issue.

Regards,

Oksana

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually, increasing open_links_per_instance can be taken as a short-term workaround (for example, SAP Note 1999510) but a code fix is needed anyway. If you are sure that the issue is cause by that part of code in XSLT and there is no other difference with a core content and your config of Oracle complies with SAP Note 1405260, then you should submit a support ticket for investigation.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

I want to see stack trace as similar issue was fixed at SAP ME 15.0.3.28, so want to check that patch upgrade will resolve the issue.

Regards,

Oksana

former_member236869
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

I want to inform you that the workaround suggested by note no. 1999510 is not an effective workaround because when we send an order from Erp to ME we have 50% of possibilities to have the error ORA-24778.

Sometime retrying it works, sometime doesn't work.

We have in System rule Maintenance => Miscellaneous  'Store Data Collection Results in ODS'  and 'Store Test Plan Results in ODS' to true: I wonder if this can have a negative impact in this situation.

Regards.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Romano,

The Note says that the solution is a code fix. By means of the workaround you can just alleviate the situation to some extent. The value of 100 is not a final recommendation but a start point - you might need a higher number.

The system rule you mentioned controls the process of collecting the data but not the order import. Audit Log might be the root cause if you enabled it.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please get the full stack trace info from Log Viewer and attach it as txt file.

Regards,

Oksana