Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidating clickable fields Persona screen

fahad_saplearning
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Persona experts,

Let me introduce myself as a beginner in SAP Screen Personas. So please bear with me if my questions are very simple and already answered by some one.

What I wanted is: Design a simple Persona for VA03. Here, user just needs to search for Order. In the same screen below the search input field, I have to display the fields from Sales Tab. As per the reference given in documentation, my approach to this was:

1. Create fields corresponding to each fields from Sales tab manually in the first screen.

2. Use a scripting button and map each values from Sales tab to the custom fields

My queries are:

1. Am I following the right approach here?

2. I have some fields in Sales tab which are clickable (Eg: Item Column in "All Items" section)

When I double click an item (say 10), I got "Sales A" tab.

How can I get this clickable link and Sales A tab (when user clicks item 10) in a single page?

3. There is a field in Sale tab with label "Req. Delv. Date", which can have values D or T or W or M

In my case, the order has value D for this field. If I look at the value help of this field, the description is "Day Format".

How can I display value help description ("Day Format" in this case) instead of key ("D") in my persona screen

Regards,

Faddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. I think yes, this approach should work

2. You cannot get (move) the fields of sales tab A directly onto your Item Overview page but you could have equivalent custom fields and use scripting to get the corresponding values, then populate your custom fields as needed

3. You could use an RFC which reads the corresponding description to the screen field value "D", based on the domain defintion or in other cases, from the related text table for the values. But in this particular case, it is probably easier to have an IF or CASE condition in your script since you only have 4 possible values which are fixed. The script can say: if the field value is "D" then write 'Day format" into your custom target field, etc.

fahad_saplearning
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas..

Thanks a tonne for your response. It had clarified many of my open queries.

W.r.to value helps, I think it is better to use IF or CASE in my scenario as the value help which I refer is a static one. I will make use of RFMs if the list is big.

Still I am facing an issue while trying to display a value in first page which is read from second page . Let me explain it in steps for better understanding.

1. Using script, I have navigated from 1st to 2nd screen

2. Read a value from 2nd screen (say in var val2) which needs to be displayed in 1st screen

3.  Assigned the value read from 2nd screen to 1st screen field using the script 1stscreenfieldfield.text = val2;

4. Fired back button to navigate back to 1st screen

The above approach did not give me the result in first screen!!.Can you tell me the glitch in this approach? When I swapped the steps 3 and 4, it worked. Still I would like to know why that does not work and the best way to resolve it.

Regards,

Faddy

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In step 3, you need to store the value read from 2nd screen to a JavaScript variable, then navigate back to the first screen and populate the 1st screen field from the variable.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fahad_saplearning
Participant
0 Kudos

Can someone please help me here

Faddy