cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFO for trucks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear members,

I came across new requirement where client wants to put restriction in Shipment.

Req: On daily basis Trucks/Containers comes in Factory for dispatch-Domestic /Export.

Client wants whatever Trucks came first in factory should be loaded and dispatched first.

Here user created Delivery and attach it to shipment .In shipment doc under External ID 1 field they enter Truck no.

I think of creating a Z table maintaining Log of Truck In and out details.And create a validation to check External ID 1 value with Z table entries and restrict saving of document.

however i am in need of Expert suggestions on this.

Kindly guide .

Regards,

VC

Please refrain from posting subject in capital letters only, Message was edited by: Juergen L

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But here Trucks are checked in at a time also when delivery is about to be created and is yet to be attached in Shipment.

Can you share steps exactly you have implemented it in your project, just to understand.

One doubt how to connect LECI data with Delivery ,Shipment(May be i am wrong in asking)

Regards,

VC

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with your suggestions.But additional work will increase of user by maintaining LECI and then in delivery ,shipping docs.

Validation point is helpful.I am thinking of one solution --

if Invoice creation stage only if we put a check that fits delivery --->its Shipment -->if falls within a bracket of last 5 days shipments created then invoice should be allowed to be saved.

And if invoiced then that shipment will be allowed to be dispatched out.

Else system will not generate the invoice.

This will help business to clear shipments on daily basis with a window of 5 days in hand.

Inputs your comments!

regards,

VC

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos