cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while new material creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create a new material in MDG by one user. I have created another user for approval. On click of submit button the change request is submitted, but when going to the approver and opening the material to be processed, I am getting some error as changes not allowed. As displayed below.

No Activate or Reject button is available. Please help me in solving this Issue.

Thank You,

Regards,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the role of approver in PFCG and if authorization is given to Entity type and CR type which he is trying to edit .

dilipan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Divya,

Also check the workflow log and see whether the workflow is assigned to the agent or any error.

Regards,

Dilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you,

But all the required authorization is given to the User Approver.

Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilipan,

Thank you,

The user agent value was another user instead of approver in the DT_USER_AGT_GRP_MAT01 Table. I changed the alias 7 user value to approver and now I could resubmit it by the user who created it by making required changes. But the thing is now I am not able to reject or activate it by the approver after changes. I am getting the same error changes not allowed as was getting before. And on checking in workflow log the background steps, work item Agent and route finder status is Error. Please help me which decision table step I need to change.

Thanks and Regards,

Divya

dilipan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Can you check is there any runtime error happened using ST22 tcode. Also check is there any authorization issue for batch job user WF-BATCH in SU53.

can you post ur decision tables (all 3) to get better understanding.

Thanks and Regards,

Dilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilipan,

No runtime error or any authorization issue is found pertaining to this. I checked using ST22 and SU53.

These are the decision tables what we are using for change request MAT01.

But there is a runtime error when I try to open the materials which are created before. I checked in ST22.

Error is like

Category : ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Error : Assertion Failed

ABAP Program : CL_MDG_BS_MAT_ACCESS========CP

Application Component : CA-MDG-APP-MM

Please let me know if something is wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello looks like your decision tables are wrong.

please have a look at this blog   and try to configure it again. If not successful share your tables (excel file would be fine)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I changed again the user decision table as per standard document and now its working.

But the thing is that, the materials which have been created if we try to open it or want to change it we are getting some error as Assert condition violated. Please help me in this Issue.

Thanks for your reply,

Regards,

Divya

dilipan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Divya,

The run time error might be due to issue in ui configuration or data model. In ST22, check for which variable you are getting this run time error. Place a external breakpoint before opening the material and check.

Thanks and Regards,

Dilipan

Answers (0)