Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Cancel GRC request

surya_appala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am unable to Cancel GRC request.

When I try to cancel, it says "Approval request XXXX is currently being edited by user 'XXXX'

The user ID shown is mine only. I have logged offf completely and logged in again. Still it is throwing the same error.

Tried to end all sessions from SM04 and logged off completely, logged in again and the same error repeated.

My colleague having same rights tried to cancel and this time the same error is shown but with same user ID of my colleague.

This is happening with only one GRC request. We are able to cancel other GRC requests. Confused.

Any other way to cancel the request. (Any program can be run to cancel single GRC request) Please help. Thanks.

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos

i am also facing the same issue

But i dont have access for sa38

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197694
Active Contributor

Hello Surya,

Please use the program GRFNMW_MANUAL_INSTANCE_CANCEL and execute this program with the option 'Directly Abort Instance' by giving the MSMP Instance id. MSMP Instance Id can be obtained from the table GRFNMWRTINST by providing the request number in the field EXTERNAL_KEY_DIS.

also refer

2266895 - Approval request # is currently being edited by user

Regards

Baithi

surya_appala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Wonderful. It worked instantly. Thanks a lot for quick reply.

Actually It didn't worked with option "1st try regular cancel". I aborted it. Thanks.

Regards,

Surya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Use the program GRFNMW_MANUAL_INSTANCE_CANCEL .. try the regular cancel first ..if you have the same issue then abort the instance.

Remove the lock entries if any in sm12 before running the program.

Regards,

Manju

surya_appala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I checked for the SM12 locks also but no entries found for any user. Issue is now sorted out with solution provided by Baithi Srinivas.

But still wondering how could this happen. Thanks for your quick response.

Regards,

Surya