Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peer not authenticated error in HCP cockpit destination creation

Vidya_Shetty
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to create destination in HCP cockpit to connect HCP and SAP Netweaver gateway( to consume odata service in HCP). But we are getting error message "peer not authenticated" while checking the connection.

Kindly help to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Vidya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Vidya_Shetty
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra, Nagesh

Thanks for the info.

@Jitendra : I dint get much information on how to connect using the reverse proxy. As I read cloud connector is more secure than reverse proxy. Can you suggest which one would be better and why(other than more secure feature)?

@Nagesh : I am using the odata service which I have created and it is not public odata service. We are using odata service while creating the destination in HCP, so that we can access this in our Fiori application.

I have attached the screenshot also. Do I need to do any proxy setting or certificate installation for authentication error?

Thanks and Regards,

Vidya

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

Do you have your Cloud Connector working correctly? also share the Screen shot of the setting which you have made for destinations.

Regards,

Nagesh

Vidya_Shetty
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

Using the cloud connector we are able to connect. But I need to know, without using the cloud connector how to achieve this.

Thanks and Regards,

Vidya

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

As JK said, you need some system to extend your on-premise system to cloud. In case you have your oData services publicly accessible then you do not have to worry about Cloud Connector.

If it is publicly available odata service, then you should be able to access it directly. Did you try this?

If you may suggest on this and also let us know on which Service are you using this oData service, is it oData provisioning, HCPms etc??? A screen shot would help us a lot to address the issue.

Regards,

Nagesh 

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I assume you already have SCC (SAP HANA cloud connector) in place. Have you made connection from SAP NW to SCC ?

Do you see 'cloud connector' connected in HCP cockpit?

Can you screenshot of settings for DESTINATION in HCP ?

Regards,

JK

Vidya_Shetty
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes using the cloud connector, we are able to connect to the service. But our requirement is to consume the odata service without using the cloud connector. Can we do it without using the cloud connector?

Thanks and Regards,

Vidya

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You want to connect an on-premise system to cloud system so there has to be some middle tier/connector in between for making connection.

SAP Cloud connector is one of the option, provides easiness for such connections. There could be other way like using reverse proxy too.

Regards,

JK

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

If you don't  want to use Cloud Connector then SAP web dispatcher is another option.

Ask your Basis team to configure web dispatcher and expose your Gateway / ECC system on internet.

After that you can try to configure destination.

It should work.

Regards,

Meghal Shah.