cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix missing price element descriptions ?

SAPjedi
Contributor
0 Kudos

When we do our External Pricing for a Service Ticket, our descriptions are coming up with <18>, <72>, etc as shown below.

We got our Pricing procedure and conditions thru the codelist merge with ECC, but I do not see these Price Element text or descriptions in that file.

Can someone advise:

1.  How to get the price element text /  descriptions from ECC in an automated way ?

2.  And if manual is the only way, where to manually update the text in Fine Tuning ?

Thanks ahead for your help !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

josephc
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

You can manually update the text in Fine tuning.

For External pricing procedures - here you can define descriptions for other price elemets other than condition types , such as subtotals used for external pricing.

Go to Finetuning ->External Pricing activity - > External Pricing Procedures.

For External Condition types -  here you define descriptions for the condition types used for external pricing .

Go to Finetuning ->External Condtion Types.

Other external pricing related elements and properties are also maintained at the same fine tuning activity level.

hope this helps.

Thanks,

Chintu

SAPjedi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Chintu,

If you look at my screenshot in the beginning, I have those tags <18>, <72>, etc

I could not find any Fine Tuning entries for them.  It was working fine at one time.

1. Are you saying I should create them in Fine Tuning ?

2. What is the source I should compare with ? (ECC side ?  If so, what tables ?)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

josephc
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/community/cloud-for-customer/blog/2016/08/05/faq-for-automatic-code-list-upload-i...

http://scn.sap.com/community/cloud-for-customer/blog/2014/10/10/understanding-code-list-mapping-in-s...

Hello Tim,

Codelists can be mapped either manually or automatically.

Manually via the finetuning activity mentioned above and Automatically via customizing.

The steps to do this is described in the second blog link mentioned above.

The first blog link refers to the FAQs on issues generally faced while upload.

Hope this helps.

Additionally you can also refer to the integation guide on codelists in the smp.

Kind Regards,

Chintu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

It can be done  via code list mapping. This is a fine tuning activity. There you can find the the code data types and map it to ECC values, like that system knows the values and descriptions and it works automatically.

Regards,

Saurabh

SAPjedi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

In CL mapping, I saw a codelist referring to ExternalSalesPriceSpecificationElementTypeCode.

So would that tag <18> and <72> etc, be added as the External Code or the Internal Code  ?

Where do we define the value of 72's description text ?