cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO Versions

former_member282774
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it a best practice to create another version for storing Actual Costs?

In standard Version 0 usually stores Plan and Actual.

For example, something like this below:

Version 0: Plan & actual

Version 1: Forecast (Only PLAN)

Version 2: Actuals

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198686
Active Participant

Hi Srini,

Version maintenance is at client level, all data stored in version.

We have only one version for actual and plan in standard "0" rest of all plan version's  1 to 100 and more based on your business requirement.

Wip &RA all working progress data stored in this verions.ex: product cost by order product cost by period etc.

variance  also same like supra.

If you want more please go through  below path and take F1 help in all check book

Create the CO versions in Customizing for Controlling under Start of the navigation path Controlling Next navigation stepGeneral Controlling Next navigation stepOrganization Next navigation stepMaintain Versions. End of the navigation path

Pls close the thread once it is ok.

Regards,

KRK

former_member282774
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You Ravi&Senthil.

Former Member

Hi,

Only planning of cost can have versions,I don't think you can have version for actual spent.But you can always have a work around of saving the report and extracting the data saved last time.

Regards,

Senthil Venugopal   

former_member282774
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You for the input Venu.

it might be a generic question but please advise me why do we have three options Plan,Actuals & WIP whenever We create a CO Version. For example , co version 0 is created automatically when Controlling Area is created. I see that most businesses activate Plan and Actual in Version 0.

Does it mean that it records Actuals as well along with plan cost in version 0.