Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open Crystal report 2016 on BI mobile with parameter by URL

kathleen_brisson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a report designed with Crystal report 2016 that is on a 4.2 BOBJ server.
This report has one parameter, called "Quote".

I created a URL to execute the report in the BI mobile app on ipad, including the value of the prompt.

When I call the URL, the BI app opens on the ipad, it opens the report, but the parameter is not transferred; it opens the Prompt Window.

I would like to execute the report automatically and transfer to the application a value for the prompt "Quote".

I was able to do this scenario with success with a webi, but not with Crystal 2016.

Our SAP BI mobile version is 6.5.5.10.

Is that a supported feature?

If yes, what is wrong with my URL?

sapbi://OpenDoc/?ConnectionType=BOEConnection

&connection_name<myconnection>

&server_url=<serverurl>

&cms=<myCMS>&iDocID=<mydocid>

&reportPartKey=

&reportPageNumber=0

&reportIndex=

&isInstance=N

&sRefresh=Y

&prompt=IsSQuote=1240

Thanks in advance, Kathleen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kathleen,

I would like to know if you are accessing SAP BI URL from an external Application (hosting the parent Report with a SAP BI URL linking to a linked report) or you are accessing the Parent Report from the SAP BI application only?

If both(Parent and linked report) are accessed within the SAP BI applicaiton only then you would like to use OpenDoc URL instead.

Regards

Vikas

kathleen_brisson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for your response.

I am accessing the report from an external application (SAP Hybris aka C4C).

I also tested the OpenDoc URL from Hybris. My report is refreshed and the prompt value is transfered with success.

http://<servername>:<port>/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?

sIDType=CUID&

iDocID<mydocid>&

sRefresh=Y&

IssQuote=1240&

OutputFormat=H

The main problem with this approach(URL opendoc)  is that because I am in Hybris, I have to capability to scroll down my window, I have limited view of the report and I cannot switch page! It is not like if my report was in a browser such as Safari.

That's why I prefer to open the SAPBI mobile app instead.

Thank you!

Kathleen

0 Kudos

Hi Kathleen,

Currently the support for parameters would be something not available with SAP BI URL for crystal Reports.

Regards

Vikas

kathleen_brisson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Vikas.