cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-SID replication in HANA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My customer has two SIDs on their HANA ECC production server:  one for ECC and the other for Portals.  They have unique instance numbers.  They are trying to setup replication for each of these SIDs.  Is this possible?  Is this a supported configuration?

I have set up replication many times, but normally for only one SID.

If this is a supported configuration, what are the implications during takeover?

Ideas?  Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carol,

Are you referring to HANA System Replication for a Multicontainer Database landscape for High Availability and Disaster Recovery?

Which version of SAP HANA is this?

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, single container db.  Two-tier replication - no HA.   SPS11 patch 112.05

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Carol,

i don't see why it didn't work as both instances are having different SID and instance number. Moreover, the change rate for portal is quite static and shouldn't put much loas on the replication network channel, as well as memory usage on secondary host. Just ensure you have a proper sizing.

just a gentle reminder you need to reserved +1 instance number for replication. Example, if your ecc instance number is 00, you shouldn't use 01 for your portal.

hope it helps,

cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi and thank you for your response.  I never said it didn't work.  I wanted to know whether Multi-SID replication was a supported SAP configuration.

We have configured both SIDs and replication is working.

Was concerned more when takeover took place  - what needed to be up/down, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carol,

Yes Multiple SID from on the same System can have system replication as they are unique systems

We have it in place and it works

Sunil