Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Instantiating Data Sources with BI Platform

martin_chambers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed our BI Platform 4,2 using AWS (Amazon Web Services) on two Windows servers, one for the BIP and one for alle the numerous BO Clients, e.g. Design Studio 1.6. I can log on to this second Windows server using RDP and am then within the AWS world.

From within the AWS world, I can

• Open the Design Studio client
  • Create a DS application
  • Add a BEx query
  • Execute the DS application on the BI Platform

Everything works just fine.

What I really want is to use the BI Platform from my own PC.

From my PC, I can

• Open the Design Studio client
  • Create a DS application
  • Add a BEx query
  • Execute the DS application locally
  • BUT - when I execute the DS application on the BI Platform, I get this error message

Cannot load query "cuid:Ad6Mb36y54dPn3nyFjtq3aQ/QUERY_BIL_GUV_1" (data provider "DS_1": No service implementation available)”.

Can anybody help me?

Regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I have my own demo/dev system successfully setup for external access of the BI platform with deployed Design Studio applications connected to BW BEx data sources.  The only difference is that instead of AWS, I host on a dedicated server at a data centre.  The principles should be the same though.

What was unclear to me though about your architecture is where the BW system resides.  Can you confirm this and I'll try to provide further guidance accordingly?

Regards,

Mustafa.

martin_chambers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

In the scenario I am trying to implement, the BI Platform and the BW on HANA are hosted on separate servers by AWS.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Most hopefully,

Martin

martin_chambers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

does my reply clarify your issues? Can you provide your indicated guidance?

Regards,

Martin

martin_chambers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

If you do find the time, please describe your solution. I am still very much interested.

Regards,

Martin

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're right, it is easiest to RDP and use Design Studio on your AWS machine with the BI Platform.  That's idea (and it works)

I am not a Basis/Network expert, but you could ask if you could make the AWS box part of your network/VPN/firewall (not sure if I am using the right terms).  Then you could probably access it from your desktop

martin_chambers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for your suggestion.

After talking to our system administrator, it is clear that we will not be making AWS part of our network. Besides, most users will want to access our "AWS box" from outside the company network from wherever they happen to be.

As I "almost" succeeded, I wonder whether there is just one small further adjustment required.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Martin