Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versions

former_member233411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to understand the relationship between the number the system assign to a PPM Item when creating a version.

I noticed on data source 0RPM_PORT_ITEM_MANAGEMENT that a 12xxxxxxx EXTERNAL_ID is created for a PPM Item every

time we create a different version. 

We created BEx queries on BW Hana to have reports on the different versions created. The challenge is how do we get the original external ID on the BEx query in stead of the 12xxx number?

Annelize

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annelize,

The Item version ID is defined in SNRO for object RPM_EXTID in Interval no. IV. By default, this range is between 12000000000000000000 to 12999999999999999999.

The DataSource 0RPM_PORT_ITEM_MANAGEMENT will retrieve the information primarily from /RPM/ITEM_D table in PPM Box. In SE16N if you select all the records with field /RPM/ITEM_D-VERSION_ITEM as 'X', then all version items gets listed. In the same table, /RPM/ITEM_D-PORTFL_ITEM_GUID will have the GUID of main Portfolio Item linked to Version.

So you will need to retrieve the value of /RPM/ITEM_D-PORTFL_ITEM_GUID and based on that you can retrieve Item GUID.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Aditya

former_member233411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Thank you, that was very helpful !!

In terms of object number range number "IT" - We use our own numbers. i.e external numbers. This setting however is not marked external, so if the users doesn't define the number PPM will allocate it's own internal logical sequential number. If I want to prevent this I should just mark IT as external?

Ann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annelize,

We had the same issue in one of the project.

What we did was that, in the Z-table where we mapped Item version to custom numbering format, we created one entry for all item version mapped to generic number range, e.g. 'V00000000-V99999999'. Then, individual entry for item versions where business wanted version specific numbering, e.g., Global version with 'G00000000-G99999999'.

So in the logic, if the version specific entry found in the Z-table, then the corresponding number range is used otherwise generic.

Best regards,

Aditya

Answers (0)